Mercedes GLC Forum

Mercedes GLC Forum (https://www.glcforums.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes-Benz GLC General Discussion (https://www.glcforums.com/forum/106-mercedes-benz-glc-general-discussion/)
-   -   New to the GLC (https://www.glcforums.com/forum/106-mercedes-benz-glc-general-discussion/7098-new-glc.html)

adam2311 07-11-2019 07:19 AM

New to the GLC

Hi Everyone,

Just bought a used GLC 2016 AMG 220d Premium (UK) - so far love it.

I have a few bits I wanted to get some info on if anyone can help, sorry if these are repeated, I have Googled alot and checked over the forum, but not found a clear answer.

1. Can I copy music to the internal HD? Read so many posts about this, but I can't seem to locate the function for CD or SD, I have the ntg5e system
2. I change my driving position daily, driving me mad. Anyone figured out how you can be comfortable and see the front driving sensor indicators? Have to have the steering wheel as high as possible and seat as low as possible to see everything. I look like a child driving around ��
3. Carplay, I knew this when buying the car, no Apple CarPlay, but over the past few days of Googling, discovered a few people discussing addons to get it working, anyone have any success with this?
4. MPG, love mercedes, saying it would average 45 MPG (not town driving), miracle if I get 40mpg with 40 out of 50 mins of driving on the motor way. I do have the optional extra 20" on the car, so I imagine this plays its part. Strange thing, when I compare my consumption to my Leon FR 180 bhp, the GLC has 3 mpg better on average but the same fuel goes so much further, makes no sense.
5. I might get the car remapped as I have been promised better fuel economy and power, anyone else done this? Would love to speak to someone that has, worried it might screw the car up or not sync well with the auto gear box.

Tip for anyone looking for Live Traffic, this had run out on the car as it was past 3 yr, spoke to Merc, nightmare to sort, the Mercedes Me app wouldn't allow purchase, but found it for sale on eBay. 80 for updated sat nav and 3rd live traffic.

V happy to find a GLC community, love the car, my first big car (Leon was the biggest car I have had previously)

Thanks

Horizon 07-11-2019 12:48 PM

Welcome Adam,
Lot of points to cover,!
1. I have both copied music to HD and loaded it on SD card, both is easy. I find the SD card better as I have a bigger memory SD card. The SD slot is in the storage between the seats by the USB's ports.
2. I have driving position as low as you can get as well as the steering position, seems to work for me though I'm on 5'8.
3. Car play does not work, though I have a 65 plate, and found no discussions on getting it to work?
4. MPG is not going to good as it permanent 4 wheel drive, but moving on to your next point I have had it remapped and this has improved it.
I just went in to Mercedes dealership and they authorised my ME app, and then it came up as an option to buy traffic.

Philamg 07-11-2019 01:53 PM

NO carplay on 2015 or 2016 GLC'S.

You should be able to copy music onto hard drive but can't , it is blacked out.

MPG is never as good as any manufacturer claims.

adam2311 07-12-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 56744)
Welcome Adam,
Lot of points to cover,!
1. I have both copied music to HD and loaded it on SD card, both is easy. I find the SD card better as I have a bigger memory SD card. The SD slot is in the storage between the seats by the USB's ports.
2. I have driving position as low as you can get as well as the steering position, seems to work for me though I'm on 5'8.
3. Car play does not work, though I have a 65 plate, and found no discussions on getting it to work?
4. MPG is not going to good as it permanent 4 wheel drive, but moving on to your next point I have had it remapped and this has improved it.
I just went in to Mercedes dealership and they authorised my ME app, and then it came up as an option to buy traffic.

Thank you for replying.

I've put the SD card in the car, but can not find how to transfer music. Nothing in the options menu when playing a song, is there another menu with the copy option?

Actually, considering it is 4x4, 40mpg is probably quite good.

Philamg 07-13-2019 07:01 PM

You cannot transfer music in UK, the option is greyed out.