Driving experience - Mercedes GLC Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Driving experience

My GLC (250 AMG line, Premium) is the nicest car I have owned, but fast becoming the most annoying;
1. The sound quality from the Audio 20 system is average at best.
2. The SatNav comes up with some crazy routes.
3. The Traffic Info only works 50% of the time even though I have a valid subscription.
4. The Distronic is so slow to speed up when the vehicle in front does, people flash their lights at me.

Is this typical of a GLC? And, for the first 3 points, is the Command/Burmeister system any better?

Thanks.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Burmeister is much better, hence the cost.

You can select the type of routes used in sat nav.

Not sure about GLC but distronic on my GLE works well.

2017 GLC AMG43 premium plus, night pack, leather, intel lights, 360 camera, side steps. = sadly gone

Now GLE450 Premium plus, Selenite, Black/White Nappa leather, Tech plus pack, Driving assistance pack, Tow pack, Off road pack, 22 inch wheels.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_t View Post
My GLC (250 AMG line, Premium) is the nicest car I have owned, but fast becoming the most annoying;
1. The sound quality from the Audio 20 system is average at best.
2. The SatNav comes up with some crazy routes.
3. The Traffic Info only works 50% of the time even though I have a valid subscription.
4. The Distronic is so slow to speed up when the vehicle in front does, people flash their lights at me.

Is this typical of a GLC? And, for the first 3 points, is the Command/Burmeister system any better?

Thanks.
I've not experienced any of this with the new MBUX although I find a lot of installed vehicle satnavs leave a lot to be desired.
One issue I have the assisted driving which I find quite worrying and also dangerous is when the cruise control is on and there is a change in speed limit, for example on a motorway driving at 70mph and then hitting an average speed limit of 50mph the car slows down far too quickly, i've almost had people go into the back of me.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren6270 View Post
One issue I have the assisted driving which I find quite worrying and also dangerous is when the cruise control is on and there is a change in speed limit, for example on a motorway driving at 70mph and then hitting an average speed limit of 50mph the car slows down far too quickly, i've almost had people go into the back of me.
I haven't experienced that abrupt change with my 2020 GLC, but if you're finding it slows down too quickly why don't you just wait a little before setting the lower speed?

2020 GLC 300 | Launch Edition with Comfort Pack and Delete Sidesteps
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_t View Post
Are you using ECO drive mode? I've found the distronic to be fantastic but when I recently tried out ECO I was unnerved by the sluggish acceleration in cruise control. It was bad enough (admittedly on a hilly highway) that I will never be trying ECO mode again.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tGs Wraith View Post
I haven't experienced that abrupt change with my 2020 GLC, but if you're finding it slows down too quickly why don't you just wait a little before setting the lower speed?
You don't set a lower speed with the driving assistance pack, the car automatically slows when it sees a speed limit sign.

2017 GLC AMG43 premium plus, night pack, leather, intel lights, 360 camera, side steps. = sadly gone

Now GLE450 Premium plus, Selenite, Black/White Nappa leather, Tech plus pack, Driving assistance pack, Tow pack, Off road pack, 22 inch wheels.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philamg View Post
You don't set a lower speed with the driving assistance pack, the car automatically slows when it sees a speed limit sign.
Interesting, not in Australia it doesn't. The speed sign detection has no relation to set cruise speed (other than warning me I'm over the speed limit by flashing in the dash).

I'm glad it doesn't too, the speed sign detection is hardly reliable enough to depend on. I've had it decide my 60 zone was a 100 zone because I drove near a speed limited truck (with the limit sign posted on the back of the truck).

Last edited by tGs Wraith; Yesterday at 05:56 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philamg View Post
Exactly. That’s the issue. The maximum speed changes automatically and immediately.

Agree, it does take you by surprise.

Last edited by Philamg; Yesterday at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLC Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in