Received an email from Mercedes saying a new map update was available. I downloaded using the download manager, plugged the usb into the USB slot in the car and as per the instructions it started to auto install. About five minutes later the install was complete and the system restarted. Once the system had restarted I had lost all volume, media, media settings, voice recognition, ‘hey Mercedes’ and pretty much everything to do with media and entertainment. Even trying to change the sound profiles or graphic equaliser resulted in a”function not available’ error message.
I tried a couple of restarts but nothing worked. I gave up. If it is still not working tomorrow I’ll have to do a factory reset. Not ideal as I’ve just got the in car office to work.