Steering Knuckle Anti-clonk Fix - Page 18 - Mercedes GLC Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:29 AM

I'm really hoping that they fix the steering knuckle for the revised GLC43 and GLC63 models. If they do then the parts are surely available to fix the current GLC43 and GLC63? We will probably only find the answer to this once people on this forum get their revised AMG43/63 models and confirm either way.

BTW it really pi$$es me off when MB call this a 'characteristic' not a 'fault'. It's a fault - otherwise they wouldn't have issued parts to stop it happening on the non-AMG GLC's.
post #172 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

You are correct Dave, they have been calling it a characteristic since the beginning of 2017, I would hope for all you members with 43's and 63's there is a solution, it is a pleasure to drive the GLE on summer tyres without the skipping which on my 43 was still present when I took the winter tyres off in May.

2017 GLC AMG43 premium plus, night pack, leather, intel lights, 360 camera, side steps. = sadly gone

Now GLE450 Premium plus, Selenite, Black/White Nappa leather, Tech plus pack, Driving assistance pack, Tow pack, Off road pack, 22 inch wheels.
post #173 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to GLCdownunder Send a message via MSN to GLCdownunder Send a message via Yahoo to GLCdownunder
So our Dealer Mercedes Benz North Shore here in Auckland New Zealand advise a fix “may” be on its way. 17th July I’m told and they will try it out on a customers car. They have not told me it will not fix the AMG GLC43. Maybe bad news is hard to deliver.

GLC43 Coupe AMG. 21" rims, and most other options

post #174 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philamg View Post
You are correct Dave, they have been calling it a characteristic since the beginning of 2017, I would hope for all you members with 43's and 63's there is a solution, it is a pleasure to drive the GLE on summer tyres without the skipping which on my 43 was still present when I took the winter tyres off in May.
Agree Phil - I've found the skipping & judder still happens a bit on summer tyres even in temps 15-20c but in summer it is bearable. Winter is terrible. We will probably have to spend £1500 on winter tyres to see if it makes things ok. If not I can see us having to sell the car and take the huge hit and buy something else. It really is that bad.
post #175 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLCdownunder View Post
So our Dealer Mercedes Benz North Shore here in Auckland New Zealand advise a fix “may” be on its way. 17th July I’m told and they will try it out on a customers car. They have not told me it will not fix the AMG GLC43. Maybe bad news is hard to deliver.
If they do have a fix for your GLC43 AMG please update the thread - cheers!
post #176 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedutch View Post
Agree Phil - I've found the skipping & judder still happens a bit on summer tyres even in temps 15-20c but in summer it is bearable. Winter is terrible. We will probably have to spend £1500 on winter tyres to see if it makes things ok. If not I can see us having to sell the car and take the huge hit and buy something else. It really is that bad.
Dave

Just to let you know I took MB to the ombudsman regarding the fault (IT IS A FAULT), they offered me a set of winter tyres, I refused on the grounds that changing the wheels twice a year would damage them. Eventually although the ombudsman sat on the fence they gave me a set of 20 inch AMG multispoke bi-colour wheels with winter tyres (£4500 to buy) - as a gesture of goodwill. I had to pay the dealer to store and change them but it made the 43 enjoyable in colder weather. I can't believe they haven't come up with a fix for the 43 or 63, it really takes the edge off a great car hence my decision to buy a GLE.

2017 GLC AMG43 premium plus, night pack, leather, intel lights, 360 camera, side steps. = sadly gone

Now GLE450 Premium plus, Selenite, Black/White Nappa leather, Tech plus pack, Driving assistance pack, Tow pack, Off road pack, 22 inch wheels.
post #177 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 03:07 PM
yhy

Ours is booked in for Monday. Dealer has been superb so far; had already checked that the car needed the fix and parts availability between checking in at the front desk and coming across to speak to me. Will report back after the work has been done.
post #178 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to GLCdownunder Send a message via MSN to GLCdownunder Send a message via Yahoo to GLCdownunder
Hi yhy

Where are you and what model do you have. You may have had this in an older thread so sorry if you had.

GLC43 Coupe AMG. 21" rims, and most other options
post #179 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 03:17 AM
yhy

No problem at all; GLC220d in the UK.
post #180 of 204 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

yhy, can you please fill your location in on your profile, adding model in signature would also help, I think GLCdownunder was hoping you had a 43 that was going to be fixed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLC Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in