Mercedes GLC Forum banner

Acoustic Glass

23K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  herpawearo 
#1 ·
does anyone know anything about this acoustic glass? i noticed it today while sitting in my car. it is labeled on both the drivers and passenger side windows. but not the front, rears, or back. just the front 2 windows. is this standard? because i don't remember anything about this option and i certainly didn't order it. i imagine it makes the cabin quieter. i was hoping others knew more about it, especially why it is only 2 windows and if it is standard and if anyone else has it?

#3 ·
The acoustic glass option on the GLC300 4matic in Canada is only for the side front windows and is both heat and noise-insulating. The specs indicate noise reduction by up to 10db. The acoustic membrane is matched to high-frequency wind noises and low-frequency engine revs. There are 2 outer layers of conventional plastic, with the core layer of damping material to absorb vibrations. I chose this option for the one we just ordered... looking forward to getting it in July (Canvansite Blue with silk beige interior).

#4 ·
In the UK the acoustic glass is not fitted to the GLC.
I not sure why but so far see no need for it.
Greg

#5 ·
i don't know if it actually helps, but the interior is crazy quiet. i can hear, literally, no road or engine noise. it is super super super quiet. though i do wonder why it is only the front windows and not all of them, seems a bit weird, but hey, i won't complain, i can't tell you guys how crazy quiet that cabin is. it's just crazy.

#6 ·
The GLC is certainly a serene place to be, even with a diesel engine up front it's a very quiet & civilized. I think Mercedes have done a lot of homework on noise reduction across the range and compared to the Macan it's whisper silent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.