Running boards - Mercedes GLC Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Running boards

Has anyone got running boards on their GLC. If so how do you like them and can you stand on them while getting out of the car?
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

I have them on mine and they are more for looks than practicality, help when fitting roof box.

2017 GLC AMG43 premium plus, night pack, leather, intel lights, 360 camera, side steps. = sadly gone

Now GLE450 Premium plus, Selenite, Black/White Nappa leather, Tech plus pack, Driving assistance pack, Tow pack, Off road pack, 22 inch wheels.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 08:40 AM

Had them on my loan GLC and hated them over winter, pain to get in and out of in bad weather without getting dirt on you trousers. Must admit that they do look really good and would make washing the roof a bit easier.

2018 GLC 43 AMG - Premium Plus - Intelligent Lights - 360 Parking

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 02:41 PM

I have them and imo they greatly improve the look of the car. I don't stand on them but the missus does as she has a foot problem and they help her get in and out of the passenger side, ( she doesn't drive it, has her own car to get scratched ).

I've had mine right through the winter and not a single instance of dirty trousers but you do need to be aware of them.

They significantly reduce the amound of crud and gravel being thrown up on to the bodywork and along with mudflaps keep the car much cleaner.

GLC 250d AMG-line. Obsidian black, night pack. 20" wheels, premium plus, 360 cameras, Park pilot, intelligent lights, electric towbar. running boards. mudflaps
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
My legs are short and I will be wearing out that seat booster very fast. Looks like I will be able to stand on it like a step to get in and out.

Thanks all!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztraderx View Post
My legs are short and I will be wearing out that seat booster very fast. Looks like I will be able to stand on it like a step to get in and out.

Thanks all!
My missus is only 5'1"

The only thing that bothers me about her standing on it is that the steel will most likely scratch though seems ok so far.

GLC 250d AMG-line. Obsidian black, night pack. 20" wheels, premium plus, 360 cameras, Park pilot, intelligent lights, electric towbar. running boards. mudflaps
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 08:45 AM

Side steps look good, but a waste of effort.
Hard to use to get in and out. On uneven ground you have to step out further to get foothold - would be ok if you had a ‘go go gadget’ leg that was telescopic !!!
Trousers get wet, yes you can wash front half of roof easier, useless to wash rear half of roof.
Looking to remove from my wagon.
Wife has GLC Coupe and we deleted them on build state - best decision, much easier to get in and out.
I use a small plastic 2 step stool to clean both roofs, purchased from auto shop. Safer and easier.
K44ent likes this.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 12:05 PM

Can also stand on rear tyre and hold roof bar whilst cleaning roof.

GLC 250 AMG Line Petrol, everything but the air suspension, tow bar and night pack. Due end of June.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 04:27 PM

My mate has a 2015 GLC without sidesteps and I meet up with him most Thursdays to fly fish for trout, country roads often muddy takes the same route as me and the difference between our cars is marked. Mine with steps and mudflaps arrives relatively clean but his always has loads of mud spattered halfway up the doors.

That for me makes them well worth having and a bonus that I like the look as well.

I've driven all over Oz Techno, probably lucky but seen very little mud just mostly dust which gets into everything anyway.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Agree Lons, added bonus. Have them on this car and will be on next and NEVER caught trousers on them.

2017 GLC AMG43 premium plus, night pack, leather, intel lights, 360 camera, side steps. = sadly gone

Now GLE450 Premium plus, Selenite, Black/White Nappa leather, Tech plus pack, Driving assistance pack, Tow pack, Off road pack, 22 inch wheels.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLC Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in