Mercedes GLC Forum banner

GLC Crabbing Financial Ombudsman Decision - NEWS FLASH!

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Philamg 
#1 ·
According to my brother in law yesterday (13/10), the financial ombudsman has now ruled a final decision in his favour that the crabbing issue on his GLC 43 should never have been there in the first place. The ruling is that within 28 days MB have to pay 50% of his deposit, 50% of the payments, 50% of the GAP insurance plus interest. Lets see if they pay up.

This is the final Ombudsman decision not the adjudicator.

#2 ·
That's interesting , I presume he is handing the car back to Mercedes to get his refund , I wonder if they would give me half of my purchase price back and I keep the car.

#4 ·
We still haven't seen any of the details of this, I went to the motoring ombudsman a couple of years ago and MB eventually gave me 20 inch wheels with winter tyres but only as a gesture of goodwill.

#6 ·
Ralph, as we haven't seen any proof of this I would take it with a pinch of salt, see my reply in the clonking thread.

#11 ·
Apologies to all, I see now why you were sceptical about my post! I should have posted the link to the decision

My brother in law got his money back last week into his account - £19000. He had a GLC 43 which as part of the ombudsman agreement has been returned.

Please read the decision as follows direct from the ombudsman

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/files/259069/DRN1169848.pdf

#12 ·
Thanks Rehan, they are still selling 43's and 63's with the issue which is a disgrace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.