Strange Adblue Issue
So, I have my car book in for a diagnostic check on the Adblue system next week.
Kind of concerned there's a fault and at some point the system will detect a problem and put my engine into limp mode
Just wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar to this - see below (maybe i'm worrying unnecessarily?)
1. Adblue level was getting low - Adblue display showed it was at the top of the red section with a range of 1300 miles.
Seemed to stay like that for a long time - i was checking it almost daily with the intention of filing when it dropped to 1000 miles
2. Eventually I got the message saying Fill Adblue - i checked the display expecting it to be about 1000 miles to go and was shocked to see it reading zero with a message "Unable to Measure Adblue level" instead of a mileage range. Worrying!
3. I put 10 litres in, drove for about a mile. A mile later, i pulled onto my driveway just as the new adblue was detected. The warning disappeared and the display showed half-full with a range of 4500 miles. Relief that all seemed ok again.
4. Next time i unlocked the car to get something from it, there was a chime and the "Fill Adblue" message was back! I turned on the ignition to check and it was again showing zero adlue on the gauge and "Unable to measure adblue level" instead of the 4500 miles range.
5. Later on, I went back to car to go out. and the Fill Adblue message was gone again, the display was back to half-full, but range of only 1300 miles (same as before i filled up)
6. I've since done about 1000 miles and it's still reading half-full with a range of 1300 miles. Almost like it's stuck!
Any one seen anything like that?
Thanks in advance
Brilliant Blue GLC350D AMG-Line Premium Plus, 20" Alloys, Intelligent Lights, Running Boards