AMG Line Mud Flaps - Mercedes GLC Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
DWG

(Thread Starter)
Question AMG Line Mud Flaps

All,

Does anyone know if mud flaps are available for the AMG Line spec. As a delighted owner of a 250D AMG Line with Running Boards I find it incredible that Mercedes do not produce mud flaps for this vehicle
Apart from the obvious benefit of protecting the bodywork on your pride and joy I'm a firm believer that mud flaps play a part in safety on the road by reducing or dissipating spray for the car behind in wet weather. HGV vehicles have to have mud flaps by law and I would advocate introducing the same rule for all vehicles - just my opinion.
Anyway to get back to the point if anyone has managed to source any for their AMG Line could they share the info please!
post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome DWG, you will struggle to find them, this may help:

https://www.glcforums.com/forum/106-m...-glc-43-a.html

2017 GLC AMG43 premium plus, night pack, leather, intel lights, 360 camera, side steps. = sadly gone

Now GLE450 Premium plus, Selenite, Black/White Nappa leather, Tech plus pack, Driving assistance pack, Tow pack, Off road pack, 22 inch wheels.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:03 PM

If you can't find them, going universal is always an option. Takes a bit of effort to cut and trim to what's required but worth the time, effort, money.

You might have luck with GLC-specific flaps from aftermarket brands in Europe.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
DWG

(Thread Starter)
Thanks Philamg !
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
DWG

(Thread Starter)
Thanks CRNCYX ! There is a company doing some aftermarket for the AMG model but for some reason they state on their site that they do not fit AMG Line. I might give it a shot anyway!
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:35 PM

If they're making it for the AMG model why does it say it doesn't fit the AMG line? I would advise perhaps emailing the company first before having to buy it and realizing it doesn't fit and have to deal with the refund process!
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
DWG

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klass View Post
If they're making it for the AMG model why does it say it doesn't fit the AMG line? I would advise perhaps emailing the company first before having to buy it and realizing it doesn't fit and have to deal with the refund process!
Exactly what I did yesterday Klass and they have been told by "a garage" that the rears will fit an AMG but not an AMG Line. That surprises me as I assumed the body kit on both cars would be the same - perhaps not?
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 06:24 AM

after being told by the dealer when i purchased my car in April that the GLC mud flaps wouldn't fit the AMG line , I've this morning purchased the normal ones having tried them at the parts counter , i have only had the front flaps though .
{I've also got the running boards fitted to the car from new }
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 02:30 PM

Some people I know do without the mud flaps and just make sure to get the paint wrapped and coated with some protector that acts like wax, which is smart if you're not 100% content with the flaps.

Only problem is you have to frequently spray it down, access to coin washes help.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 07:25 AM

for Ł40 I've got MB mud flaps took 10 mins to fit I'm well pleased .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes GLC Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in