Mercedes GLC Forum banner

Newbie from Down under Australia

15K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  LONS 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
Just to introduce my self, my name is Ceasar, from Sydney Australia,just got my GLC 250d last weekend and very happy with it so far. She's a 250 Diesel 2018 model/ plated, Selenate Grey .Its my second MB ,I had a GLA 250 that I traded in for this car, I'm also still GLA member .Looking forward to do some modding and knowing this car as well as everyone here .

Cheers Everyone,

#2 ·
Welcome Ceasar, good to have members from Down under on the forum, lots of information on the forum.

#3 ·
Looking forward to do some modding and knowing this car as well as everyone here .
Keep an eye out for posts from @Teckno He's from Melbourne and is active on here, over on MB World and in your own Whirlpool forums. He's had his 250d for a couple of years and knows the model inside and out. Here's a link to a post he made summarising his first 2 years of ownership:

Two years with my 250d

#6 ·
Hi Guys ,
Thanks for a warm Welcome. Not really much modding ,there's nothing much do for this car ,I just have it last weekend so not even a week old, I already received my Dashcam ( Blackvue 750 )and will be installing it soon, been asking a few questions on other thread , once I got answers I will be starting , I just don't want to start pulling parts if not sure as its still new. I will be looking at chipping it sometime not sooner ,been a regular customer of TD Tune in England most of my car are Diesel (3 diesels ,2 chipped,1 just sold ). For the meantime a bit of cosmetic enhancement is underway.

Cheers

#7 ·
Welcome Caesar,
I’m in Melbourne, we have a 2 yr 250d wagon and a 1 yr 250d Coupe.
Had a couple of minor issues and tyres replaced on the wagon.
Waiting for options for tyres on Coupe, bit more challenging due to staggered rims and limited Tyre manuf being sold in Oz.
Used Ebay to buy some minor cosmetic add ons, both internal and external.
Had both cars duco, Glass and interior treated after we purchased, by independant professional.
I spend my time here, on USA site and Aussie Whirlpool GLC sites.
Lots of good info from both GHD and LHD owners.
All the best and enjoy the ride, great cars.

#8 ·
Hi Techno,
Thanks for welcoming here at the forum , not much to adds on to this car got everything just a touch of cosmetics mostly inside try to retain the prestige of this car . So far so good ,I will be in Melbourne this month in Tarneit for a nice run in to loosen up a bit , I haven't seen the new by pass/es yet. and to see the economy of this car as what MB claimed is true...maybe not at this stage yet still new.

Cheers

#9 ·
Run down the Hume will be great for you and the car. Expect around 1100 - 1200km from the tank @ 110kph with adaptive cruise on, in comfort setting.
Suggest a good brand , bottle of injection cleaner, given 2 months at sea through tropics with minimal fuel in tank.
Makes for a clean start.
Try tyres at 36psi x 4 when cold.
PM me here or on Whirlpool if time allows for a quick catch up .
My wagon nearly identical, to yours, no air suspension on mine, we did fit air to Coupe.
Cheers

#11 · (Edited)
Hi Techno,
Another question , how often you fill up Ad Blue? or how many klms before you fill this up. At the servo? I only know BP have it. Please enlighten me before I travel. Just a bit busy to read the manual lately .
Thanks Mate.
Cheers

#12 ·
I looked at my GLC when I first go it and it said 7,000 miles (UK). (11,000 km?)

Better than the A6 I had as it didn't tell you until there was 1500 miles left. The Audi wouldn't start if it got to 0 miles left (so I was told)

It's filled up via a "hole" next to the fuel tank mate..

#16 ·
Happy ANZAC Day Everyone Down Under and our brothers from New Zealand and for those who did and doing their Patriotic Duties . Will probably in the pub after the marching ceremonies and have a go at their traditional 2 Ups .
Cheers

Reactions: Tony Mac
#19 ·
Regarding the ad blue. I keep a 10 litre bottle in my garage just in case as my previous Audi A6 needed filling at 13000 miles and my brother in law Q3 was at 11000.

May have had smaller tanks but I think useage is variable and also depends on how you drive.

#21 ·
We are lucky with the GLC in that if you quickly double press the close button after locking the key is turned off, much better than having to put in a box.
Press any button to re-activate key.

Reactions: Teckno
#23 ·
I have mine booked in on 14th May in UK for this, under heading "Rework Steering Column (Inadvertent Driver Airbag Deployment)", takes an hour.

#25 ·
GLC 200 to arrive Sept 18, $62k starting, petrol
https://www.carshowroom.com.au/news...ail&utm_term=0_cd08fc0937-0f0ba81241-91362525

We will see the last of the GLC220D, from around Jul 18 ($64k).
The new GLC200, rear wheel drive only should capture a new segment of buyers ?
Certainly a cheaper and possibly easier unit to service and maintain, but still with the Star emblem.

Oh by the way, saw my first GLC. AMG 63s, in Coupe body, nice chat with new owner, it’s the first private registered one in Oz.
Love the front grill and the exhaust note; just wish I could record it, fit underbody waterproof sub woofer and link it to my throttle ? Never happen, but a joyous sound from the AMG.

#26 ·
GLC 200 to arrive Sept 18.
The new GLC200, rear wheel drive only should capture a new segment of buyers ?
Yes, I reckon it will access that segment of the market where owners are willing to forego a front differential in RHD models and not experience the crabbing characteristic which comes free with the 4MATIC variants. >:) :wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.