Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am planning to get 2017 GLC 43 AMG. I read a lot about short life of summer tires on those, especially 21 inch. I am planning to stay with 20 inch all season. Question for current owners - how long do the performance all season 20 in last based on your experience?
The only option I see on tirerack.com is GoodYear Eagle Sport All-Season RunOnFlat. Are there alternatives?
Do you see any crabbing going on with those?

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Kobrad81,

Left-hand drive GLC’s do not suffer from the Crabbing Fault. Only Right-hand drive versions have the problem.

Tony

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
I am planning to get 2017 GLC 43 AMG. I read a lot about short life of summer tires on those, especially 21 inch. I am planning to stay with 20 inch all season. Question for current owners - how long do the performance all season 20 in last based on your experience?
The only option I see on tirerack.com is GoodYear Eagle Sport All-Season RunOnFlat. Are there alternatives?
Do you see any crabbing going on with those?

Thanks
I have the 20” Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season RunOnFlats on my 2017 GLC 300 Coupe which just passed 22,000 miles. They are the original equipment tires. They are doing good and I expect them to go 30,000 before I need new ones. Rears are in great shape, fronts have worn on the outside tread bands the most, but should still make 30K miles. Good performing tires, not bad ride and noise for run-flats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the 20” Goodyear Eagle Sport All-Season RunOnFlats on my 2017 GLC 300 Coupe which just passed 22,000 miles. They are the original equipment tires. They are doing good and I expect them to go 30,000 before I need new ones. Rears are in great shape, fronts have worn on the outside tread bands the most, but should still make 30K miles. Good performing tires, not bad ride and noise for run-flats.
I have the oem 20 inch Goodyear run flats on a 20k mile 2018 glc43. Plenty of tread left. Mostly highway driving. At least 10k miles left. My plan to replace with non run flat tires for a better ride. The run flats have “stiff” sidewalls. To do this I purchased a never used spare doughnut from a ML350 on eBay and separately got the appropriate lug bolts. It fits in the spare compartment pushing up the cover maybe 1/2 inch. Really can’t notice it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts