Mercedes GLC Forum banner

2016 GLC 300 Fuel Door Won't Open/Manual Fuel Door Release

10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  james.w 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just found this site.

When I push on the fuel door (to open it) I hear a brief mechanical/motor "buzz" but the door doesn't open.

I have removed the small interior panel where the manual release should(?) be, but I can't find it.

Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I just discovered, TODAY, on my 2019 GLC300, that if your vehicle is locked, the fuel door will not open.

But like you, I'm curious where the manual release is, if there is one. The OM for this vehicle does not mention a manual release, but it does mention that if the door does not open, to unlock the vehicle. (So I have just discovered, P.157 in the OM.)

#3 ·
I just discovered, TODAY, on my 2019 GLC300, that if your vehicle is locked, the fuel door will not open.

But like you, I'm curious where the manual release is, if there is one. The OM for this vehicle does not mention a manual release, but it does mention that if the door does not open, to unlock the vehicle. (So I have just discovered, P.157 in the OM.)
I just ran into this issue with my 2016 GLC. There is no accessible manual release inside the vehicle. I had to bring mine to the dealership and had a service professional attempt to open the fuel door by prying it open. Unfortunately for me the flap cover broke off. I'll be driving around for about 3 weeks like this while waiting for the new flap to be procured and painted. The actuator will also need to be replaced. Good news is that my dealership said this was covered under warranty, and at least I will be able to refuel in the meantime. #firstworldproblems

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.