Mercedes GLC Forum banner

2016 GLC ELECTRICAL NIGHTMARE

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Horizon 
#1 ·
I have had my GLC 250 Since 2016 , I have had problems but nothing like today , my radio suddenly has disappeared, so now there is no radio and the Bluetooth hands free and the Navi speakers are not functioning.
I loved it so much that I bought another GLC 220 last year.
Today the service department calls me and tells me that the fault is not covered under my extended warranty and they think it was spillage , which I never had .
MB in London is now saying I have to pay about £4000 to repair it .
When asked where is this fault he does not know it could be in couple places .
We have only done 28000 miles and extremely disappointed with the service and back up , we have 4 Mercs in the family I need to get rid of them .

#2 ·
They need to prove that it's spillage, so when they do the repair they need to show you.
I had a B series, and now again it would show the fault lights and would not start, this went on for months and the service department spent a long time trying to track down the fault. Until one day I could reproduce the fault by shutting the passenger door rather hard. They ended up replacing the two wiring looms in the door. No charge.
Was your car new?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.