Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Left Lane News has published a first drive review of the 2016 GLC300. Here are a few quotes from the review that stood out to me, and I have put a link at the end of the post.

The GLC-Class embraces the modern crossover convention in a way the GLK did not. It is a D-segment five door with additional ground clearance. Put another way, it's a C-Class wagon on stilts. Gone are the styling cues meant to imply burliness and truck-like proportions. It's still a two-box family hauler, mind you, but it's softer and more car-like than its predecessor. It's not meant to be imposing, but it still cuts a relatively handsome figure.
Keep in mind a few things. For one, while it is lighter than the GLK, it's not exactly svelte. Rear-drive models tip the scales at 3,891lbs. 4Matic bumps that to 4,001. That's a lot of metal for a four-cylinder to move, but we were more than pleased with the gusto it exhibited. Some quick-and-dirty, hand-timed calculations put the 0-60 time under 8 seconds without any driveline abuse.
Leftlane's bottom line
Mercedes-Benz's reboot of its small CUV is an excellent platform in search of more attractive powertrain options. The GLC300 is an excellent platform on which a new family of crossovers can be built, and we expect all of its future variants will be pleasing, dynamically satisfying premium cars.
First Drive: 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC300 | LeftLaneNews

·
Registered
412 Posts
They should have done straight line tests from a roll, that is what really matters to us if you think about all the situations we'll be in where it will matter. Merging onto the highway being one of them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
None of the reviews I've read so far has the 0-60 MPH spec listed. Odd that none of them decided to perform what I think is a basic car test.

·
Registered
412 Posts
None of the reviews I've read so far has the 0-60 MPH spec listed. Odd that none of them decided to perform what I think is a basic car test.
Probably because they know it's irrelevant to owners, something that has far more relevance with AMG GT owners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts