Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First came the Mercedes Benz GLC SUV, following it will be the GLC Coupe and we now have spied photos of said coupe mostly uncovered in red, brown, and blue paints.

Autoevolution has uploaded spied pictures of the red and brown variants cold weather testing in Sweden and the blue variant was seen being offloaded from a truck. Its front end is similar to that of the GLC SUV but with a few small tweaks like changing out the mesh in the radiator grille or only installing one horizontal blade over the mesh instead of two. The bumpers seem to come in two guises so one of them may be equipped with the AMG visual package. Other than that, both rears resemble the one found on the GLE Coupe with their wide, red taillights with a strip of white going through them.

Expected to hit dealerships later this year or early 2017, the GLC Coupe may be sporting the same powertrains options as the SUV variant. Maybe it’ll get the turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine with 241 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque. Mercedes is also coming out with a GLC AMG Coupe and it could have a turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 engine under the hood with an output of 362 hp and 384 lb-ft of torque.

Maybe we’ll see the fully unclothed production model at the upcoming 2016 New York Auto Show.

·
Registered
412 Posts
never liked that grill in its stock form but for me its a good grille for blacking out, possibly to turn into black chrome, tint film should help accomplish that easily.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That picture of the new coupe does look pretty much production ready to me, swap out the alloy's for the final spec, peel back the tape and off you go. I hope they don't go over sporty on the ride and ruin it however.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just imagine it in AMG trim, THAT will be interesting to see and should really bring out the best in this coupe styling which i might be after

·
Registered
188 Posts
Agreed, it will look hot on a set of 20's (or even 21's) and with some AMG styling will look fine.

There was a new white GLE Coupe parked in the visitors section of our car park at work on Tuesday and it looked impressive. Massive tyres on the rear (315's !) which completely filled the wheel arches. It made my M Class look like it had 4 space saver wheels on despite having 265/45/20's...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'll even be on the look out to see what brands like Brabus will do, at times they have good taste in exterior styling just as long as the right colors are used since that alone can make a big difference.

My favorite yet is the S65 AMG 900 Rocket, if they can apply that styling and even the Rocket package to the GLC AMG, they'll get some eyeballs and pockets emptying out into their bank account:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts