Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I purchase my GLC300 without the navi. Obviously now trying to find SD card that will work in my car, I'm reading that it may require a few additional installations of ect ect? I'm looking through a few on Amazon but none are clear what the requirements may be. Should it just plug in and start working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is my understanding that if you select Navi and get a message that an SD card is not selected it is plug and play.
If you do not get that message it probably will not work.

Chuck

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bought my '19 GLC 300 w/ NAV, just no card. I've been looking everywhere for a card, but MB says to take it to a dealership (100+ miles away) and order through them, which would mean two 200 mile trips, one to order and one to pick it up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im in a similar predicament. The stealers want over £550 or so for a bloomin SD card! Absolutely ridiculous. The guy started saying how we're purchasing maps and software and its not just a card. Well my car is 2017 and it comes with 3 years free updates for the maps and the software is built into the car so it is just the card i'm buying with Merc's blessings. A standalone Garmin unit with all the software AND hardware can be had for a fraction of the price.

He did say after though I could probably get one on Ebay but traffic and updates wont work though.

Think i'll stick with the latter option!

·
Registered
55 Posts
If in UK you can buy an Update card that restores all functionality for £95, but apparently not all dealers are aware of this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If in UK you can buy an Update card that restores all functionality for £95, but apparently not all dealers are aware of this.
Yes i'm in UK.. can you please explain more? I've got no card at all right now so will that still be suitable?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thought she ordered it, but turns out that she didn't. :| Have other financial obligations to take care of. Besides, we have smartphones with a couple different maps on them. >:)

I ordered it from Amazon, about half hour ago, should be here on Friday, Wednesday at the latest.

We do three presents every Christmas, small (<=$50), medium ($51-$100), & large ($101-150). Since I couldn't find her something in the medium range, I wrote her an IOU for the GPS/NAV card. 0:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
did it work? any feedback? thanks.
Thought she ordered it, but turns out that she didn't. :| Have other financial obligations to take care of. Besides, we have smartphones with a couple different maps on them. >:)
Just be careful its a new card not tagged to a previous car. You cannot transfer them from car to car. (Theft avoidance)
I ordered it from Amazon, about half hour ago, should be here on Friday, Wednesday at the latest.

We do three presents every Christmas, small (<=$50), medium ($51-$100), & large ($101-150). Since I couldn't find her something in the medium range, I wrote her an IOU for the GPS/NAV card. 0:)

FINALLY, got the car back from getting an oil change (and whatnot) and NEW rear tires. :mad: The card came in yesterday. :smile2: As soon as I started the car up, I installed the SD Card, answered a few questions, and IT WORKS!!! :smile2: Still NOT happy that it took them 3 days plus a holiday to do the work that they did to the car. :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
NAV card from Amazon ok so far

Owner of 2018 GLC 300 gas, build date 9/2017 bought used from local MB dealer in Silicon Valley.

Usually use Apple Maps but wanted a Garmin card as backup. Was told by the dealer that most of the cards on Amazon/ E bay are legit cards and are going for USD 60-100. I tried to send the seller my VIN number to check compatibility but was ignored so thought what the h..l, let's try it anyway. Ordered one listed as p/n A2189063003 for USD78. Arrived o/n in what looks like legit Mercedes packaging with chip in vacuum sealed anti-static bag.

Plugged in today and selected NAV, it asked me if I wanted to unlock the chip for this specific car, warning me that this would then link this chip irrecovably to my GLC. Gave it the go ahead and it all seems to work. Performance quite similar to my previous COMAND system on a 2011 C300 but no traffic, nowhere close to Apple Maps. Only real problem is the announcement voice which is rather too commanding and plummy for my taste and no integration ( that I have found yet) with my phone contacts.

Pinglet. ex-pat Brit in San Jose CA

1 - 17 of 17 Posts