Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's done! I've ordered my lunar blue GLC300 Coupe for European delivery in early July! This will be my second -- I did European delivery on my current GLA.

This time has been different. In 2015, I didn't order until April and was able to get it exactly as I wanted it specced out. This time I put my order in mid-Feb and was told it was already too late for European delivery orders! My dealer (Herbert Haemmer at MB Escondido) had to search out a similarly-equipped coupe and modify it for me. Even then, I was not able to get the Natural Black Ash Wood interior or the Advanced Lighting Package (which I REALLY wanted).

Apparently, they are starting to switch to 2019 model production, so some 2018 items are constrained. I was hoping that my timing would be better and I could order a 2019, but unfortunately my dealer told me those won't be available until mid-late August. My current lease expires Aug. 1 and my son (who I'm taking on the trip) starts school in August.

I'm glad at least I got the order in with most of the options I wanted, and I have a great trip planned visiting friends and taking my son to ride some mountain bike parks in Austria and Switzerland. Anyone have experience fitting a MTB inside a GLC Coupe? We will be packing light and it's only the two of us, so I can put the seats down and he can take the wheels off if needed. Once it's in the US I'll be fitting it with a 1-Up bike rack. My current GLA has two Thule Sidearm racks and I'll be glad to not have to hoist bikes on the roof anymore! For fun here's a pic of my son and his friend being goofballs in front of the GLA.

My order:
Paint 890 Lunar Blue
20” 5 Spoke Wheels
MB Tex Espresso Brown/Black
Black Fabric Headliner
Burl Walnut Wood Trim
Premium Package
Smartphone Integration Pkg
Trailer Hitch
Burmeister Sound
Heated Front Seats
Dashboard Topstitching