Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Mercedes purchase for me and I LOVE it. Had to do a dealer search when I went to buy it, and it was delivered to me at work after 3 weeks. That 3 weeks seemed like 3 months...haha!

My question is: Does anyone have a recommendation for a phone mount. I have the iPhone and can't find one that looks like it's quality made. I'd like one that could mount the the lower area, on the drivers side. But, if I can't find that, then I'll use whatever will work.

Thanks for your time and have a great night :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I now find that I really don't have much use for a mount. I did try one for the windshield but would inevitably fall off. Then I thought what do I need it for and couldn't come up with anything good. The car displays telephone numbers on the centre of the control panel. I plug mine into the centre consule and leave there. I can do everything I need from steering wheel controls. Excuse the question, but why do you need one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I now find that I really don't have much use for a mount. I did try one for the windshield but would inevitably fall off. Then I thought what do I need it for and couldn't come up with anything good. The car displays telephone numbers on the centre of the control panel. I plug mine into the centre consule and leave there. I can do everything I need from steering wheel controls. Excuse the question, but why do you need one?
I was gonna say the same thing. Now that most of my phone features are now part of the MBUX I don't need that additional mount. But there are some online that I've seen. When I bought my GLC i was thinking i needed to buy one if I found that the computer system would be clunky but I actually love it.

·
Registered
2021 GLC300 4Matic
6 Posts
The problem in my 2021 is that there's no good place to put the phone and still have it accessible for those times I need to unlock the screen to make Android Auto responsive again. The center console's storage cubby is the logical place, but that's hard to tap when needed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The problem in my 2021 is that there's no good place to put the phone and still have it accessible for those times I need to unlock the screen to make Android Auto responsive again. The center console's storage cubby is the logical place, but that's hard to tap when needed.
I feel that too. Plugging it in is quirky and should I need it isn’t a quick grab. I’m not 100 percent fan of Apple CarPlay screen. Not sure if android auto has the problem but Apple CarPlay doesn’t play over the entire screen. Irritating. Wtf is that ?
Although with CarPlay I find I seldom need to see my phone. I just tell it to read texts and go to places with voice command. So my phone touching is extensively limited now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts