Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2019 GLC 350e in January. Vehicle is nice, EXCEPT the steering wheel will vibrate (intense vibration) at speeds above 60 mph. It does not do it all the time and it does not always do it on the same road surface. The brain trust at MB Honolulu say that this is they way the vehicle is.. It is beyond annoying... They say nobody else in the world has ever complained about this. This is not lane departure vibration....

What I don't understand is that if this is a "drive by wire" what is making the wheel vibrate. I think it has something to do with the engine because I can feel a vibration through the whole car.....

Anybody else have this issue?:frown2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
It simply shouldn’t do this. Worth giving the dealer the opportunity to fix it before complaining to MB?

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
To be fair to your dealer they are probably correct in that nobody else in the world has complained about this, reason is as far as I am aware it hasn't happened to anybody else. Phone customer services and raise a complaint about this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe the folk in the US have seen more of this complaint. There was a complete thread on it.
Interestingly, can't remember seeing any comment in this forum or the Australian forum.

In the US, there was some lag in complaints, sadly ..with the push off comments of 'characteristic of vehicle' (when will this get tired!!?)
….until the dealers got some software updates for the power steering control, from MB.

Most said this fixed the issue or greatly reduced. But not all …..I think some others had tyre (tire ..'US speak') changes and this completely eliminated it. So maybe some bad batch of tyres ….. Anyway, hit your Dealer up hard ...they need to look harder. Don't know if there is any knowledge transfer between the distributers in each country? i.e. direct between say Australia to US or US to UK ..probably not ...and it all has to float up to MB HQ and then trickle back down to other countries.

Anyway the point is ...somebody in MB is well aware of this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts