Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At low speed, usually just after manoeuvring back/forward say in a car park - I can hear some kind of clunking noise coming from the rear of the car (clearly audible from inside), I thought it might have been the auto hold brake coming off but it often makes the noise once already moving. Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been trying again to see what it is and not sure if it's related to the auto hold brake or actual reverse gear as I also hear it after reversing. I guess the question is, does anyone hear any noises coming from the boot area when coming out of the auto hold brake and/or right after reversing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been trying again to see what it is and not sure if it's related to the auto hold brake or actual reverse gear as I also hear it after reversing. I guess the question is, does anyone hear any noises coming from the boot area when coming out of the auto hold brake and/or right after reversing?
Might be the reverse camera as it swings up and down from its recessed position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip, it was indeed the reverse camera as the MB badge was flipping up/down - the times it felt odd to hear was shortly after moving off but this was because if the car was close to something all the cameras were switching on/detecting to give the 360 view hence the rear cam being audible at those times.
Just curious should it be that loud or not???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the tip, it was indeed the reverse camera as the MB badge was flipping up/down - the times it felt odd to hear was shortly after moving off but this was because if the car was close to something all the cameras were switching on/detecting to give the 360 view hence the rear cam being audible at those times.
Just curious should it be that loud or not???
Glad to help and that it wasn't something that required serious repair. No expert on such things but was thinking that tht was the culprit. My GLC in for service thi week after a 2 months booking with the local dealer as they are out that long for bookings.
Hopefully they can this time address the flickering of the MBUX screen this time. Seems when its cold its worse but it flicks on and off which has been the case since new. They did a system reboot but hasn't fixed it. Seems more of a loose connection to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only had the car a couple of months, might ask them to look at it when it's get serviced, just think it's a little loud. Also going in for a warranty fix on the internal boot release switch.
Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts