Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 600 miles on my new ride.
Going down the road today in sport+, 45 mph, cruising... Out of nowhere I have no power. Engine is on, at idle. No throttle. Car is failed, coasting. Car is slowing down, engine on, but idle only. No throttle available. Coast into parking lot. Put car in park. Turn engine off. All Dashboard lights come on, a "reset"?? Hi Car starts. I drive away. Pissed off, calling MB in the am to come get it.

Wtf??

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are not alone, I had same experience on GLC 300 numerous times.
Let me know what does it cause to Go on neutral.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Less than 600 miles on my new ride.
Going down the road today in sport+, 45 mph, cruising... Out of nowhere I have no power. Engine is on, at idle. No throttle. Car is failed, coasting. Car is slowing down, engine on, but idle only. No throttle available. Coast into parking lot. Put car in park. Turn engine off. All Dashboard lights come on, a "reset"?? Hi Car starts. I drive away. Pissed off, calling MB in the am to come get it.

Wtf??
I had a similar problem with very limited throttle on a new 3018. Took it to dealer and they found no diagnostic codes indicating a problem. Next day it happened again and I kept the car running, got it to dealer running and found code for bad electronics on unit behind pedal. Replaced it and issue has not occurred again. Did not get light show on dashboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a similar problem with very limited throttle on a new 3018. Took it to dealer and they found no diagnostic codes indicating a problem. Next day it happened again and I kept the car running, got it to dealer running and found code for bad electronics on unit behind pedal. Replaced it and issue has not occurred again. Did not get light show on dashboard.

Thank you BlackWidow, that is very helpful as MB can't seem to figure out what happened with my ride.
So here is where I am now;
Update: So they have had my car for 6 days and find no problems, no codes, no failures. They want me to come get it and drive it, maybe it happens again. Really? You want me to pull out in front of a truck and when the throttle is not there, maybe wave my arms and pray I don't get killed in a side impact? No thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are not alone, I had same experience on GLC 300 numerous times.
Let me know what does it cause to Go on neutral.

Thanks but that's the thing, the car did NOT go into neutral. If it did, the throttle would respond with engine revs. The engine remained at idle and the transmission was still engaged as the car did gear down the whole time it was coasting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts