Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just ordered a 2020 AMG GLC 43. I'll try and get smart on the car over the next few months. Thanks in advance for answering any uture questions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Picked up mine a few weeks ago, Lovely car. You're in for a treat![/QUO

Hi Darren6270,

Congrats on that, as you can see below I have a 2019 model year with the with the "clonking and Crabbing" a standard no cost extra!

Sorry, but seriously does your new model have the same problem? If not have MB sorted the problem? If so I wonder if the parts can be retrofitted to older AMG 43/63's

johnaglcv6

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Not sorted

·
Registered
46 Posts
Picked up mine a few weeks ago, Lovely car. You're in for a treat![/QUO

Hi Darren6270,

Congrats on that, as you can see below I have a 2019 model year with the with the "clonking and Crabbing" a standard no cost extra!

Sorry, but seriously does your new model have the same problem? If not have MB sorted the problem? If so I wonder if the parts can be retrofitted to older AMG 43/63's

johnaglcv6
Hi, So far, and 1,000 miles in i have not had any of the usual issues, not experienced crabbing or clonking so far. The only problem I had was the sunglasses holder popped out when I first opened it, I took it back to MB and they sorted it. since sorting it I don't appear to have the easy exit (chair slides back) when i exit the vehicle,l I am sure it is just a setting somewhere. Also I paid for the in car office upgrade on the ME app and it hasn't appeared. Mercedes are stumped and I've been passed around three departments so far with technicians trying to work out what has happened.
Small things which I am not too bothered about.
The driving assistance is awesome and works really well 99% of the time, the only negative is it does recognise the speed limits and sometimes slows you down far too quickly. Only happened a couple of times, once going from 70 to a 50 average speed in 800 yards, it slowed me down immediately which wasn't helpful.
Overall though i can't complain and love the car. really hope the other issues don't start

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
What model do you drive Darren and where are you located?.

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Coupe 300D AMG Line Premium Plus

In the UK
You shouldn't have the crabbing issue, from November 18 new GLC'S were fitted with new knuckles at the factory.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Exactly. As previously confirmed I do not have these old issues
That explains the no clonking as its not an AMG 43 or 63.

Do enjoy the car sounds great.

I am going to try one of the 2020 Model year 43's when I can and try the clonk test!

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
That explains the no clonking as its not an AMG 43 or 63.

Do enjoy the car sounds great.

I am going to try one of the 2020 Model year 43's when I can and try the clonk test!
Unfortunately they still have the clonking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone just picked up glc coupe amg line premium 220d but can’t see ambient lighting on the air vents?Are they coming with a premium plus package?

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
As far as I am aware there isn't any ambient lighting on air vents.

Reactions: Angelsx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Every time when I turn sharp left or right from still the side sensors start beeping and scare the s . . t out of me even when there’s no car around.How to turn them off?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I sometimes get the bleeping when cornering and if there is a bollard or keep left sign in the road.
I think there is a way to turn them off but cannot remember where I saw it.
I'll take a look tonight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts