Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those wanting a little more oomph without having to invest in a 43, it is good to see the 3-litre V6 350d engine can now be optioned in the UK configurator. I'm very happy with my 220d in Sport trim which I deliberately configured for comfort with air suspension and 18" wheels and find the power of this unit to be sufficient for my requirements. Some may find the £5420 upgrade cost (£4265 if you were considering the 250d) desirable and are willing to invest. You lose 8.6 in mpg and pay another £75 in road tax. Would this additional engine option have influenced your decision?

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I had gone GLE would have picked 350d
Happy with the middle ground 250 as a re map would take it up to about the same bhp

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Stealer was telling me that because Mercedes have done so many joint projects with German tuning firm Brabus, the fitting of one of their kits doesn't invalidate the 3-year warranty. IIRC the kit costs about £1500 fitted.
Brabus Kit for 250d

This could be an attractive alternative for £360: TDi Tuning Box for 250d
Looks like the box is plugged in-line and hijacks the signals so I guess you can just unplug it for servicing and warranty work. Obviously both types of box will invalidate your insurance policy unless they specifically agree to underwrite the risk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts