Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL,

My GLC is just turning 3 years old.
I have the option to hand the car back but as only done 17k miles I am thinking of keeping the car which I don’t usually do.

My question is, what experience do people have of the GLC from age 3 years on, have they been fairly reliable?

Ive looked at the next Service cost (3yrs) which seems to be over £600 and around £250 at someone like Halfords, that’s a big difference, is there value in paying the difference?

I usually have cars for 3 years and change them in so any help in this respect would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2018 GLC AMG43 and have never had a single problem......oil change and windshield wipers....not a single issue....aside from the crabbing issue while I solved with winter tires and 20" wheels. I plan to keep mine for up to 5 years but never keep a car past the 5 year mark. The c-class has been out for some time now so I think it will be reliable for a number of years past the warranty period. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2018 GLC AMG43 and have never had a single problem......oil change and windshield wipers....not a single issue....aside from the crabbing issue while I solved with winter tires and 20" wheels. I plan to keep mine for up to 5 years but never keep a car past the 5 year mark. The c-class has been out for some time now so I think it will be reliable for a number of years past the warranty period. Hope this helps.
Thanks, whats the general view on servicing away from mercedes once 3 years old.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I NEVER service my cars outside the dealer....I like OEM parts and yes its more expensive but to me....well worth the trouble. Tires....never at the dealer....all else...always....down to the windshield wipers.

·
Registered
2017 GLC 300 W4
2 Posts
I NEVER service my cars outside the dealer....I like OEM parts and yes its more expensive but to me....well worth the trouble. Tires....never at the dealer....all else...always....down to the windshield wipers.
I am of the school that believes you cannot own these cars without a warranty. I am not a gearhead or an IT consultant and the electronics alone are daunting. I have 3 more years of extended warranty and a maintenance agreement and am toying with what I will get next. It's pay now or risk paying more later.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi ALL,

My GLC is just turning 3 years old.
I have the option to hand the car back but as only done 17k miles I am thinking of keeping the car which I don’t usually do.

My question is, what experience do people have of the GLC from age 3 years on, have they been fairly reliable?

Ive looked at the next Service cost (3yrs) which seems to be over £600 and around £250 at someone like Halfords, that’s a big difference, is there value in paying the difference?

I usually have cars for 3 years and change them in so any help in this respect would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
My 2019 GLC is slightly over 2 years old and under 14K miles on it. We bought a 4 years service agreement at the time we bought it. I heard that year 3 and 4 is when the scheduled maintenance gets expensive. Unless you bought a lemon, I'd imagined that if you keep up with regular oil change and follow the maintenance schedule, it should last you a long time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts