Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I’d share a small modification after changing vents
Whilst my initial thoughts were to change to non coloured, I forgot I’d ordered (these are for sale on other thread) and these arrived first....

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
looks nice, was there much work involved wiring them in?
Could you supply the link for the parts please, thank you John.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
They were purchased from EBay and sent from China.

Initially I was going to install the non illuminating, however these took an age to arrive so I went and purchased (drunken purchase) the illuminated ones forgetting about previous purchase....

I pulled the console then vents, with A N other episode from the misses whilst stripping the console on the dining table and splicing the wiring.....
Console all fitted and working, I embarked on what should have been plug and play to the side vents after feeding the wiring plugs through the dash, however all was not well and these couldn’t be fitted due to locating tabs being aligned for Left hand drive cars...
A lengthy spate with the seller resulting in an amicable replacement set being sent, though these are stuck in Langley sorting office (for the past three weeks) but not deterred, I set to work stripped down the vents to component part and swapped over the bezels and finished with dremel and some loose swarf and careful trimming, the result was secure full fitment and alignment.
Overall, the fit and finish is good certainly secure though the Oem vent pods are of better quality plastics - albeit unnoticeable when fitted..
Had it not been for the need to modify, the exchange would be relatively simple, as it was, it was quite involving.
The wiring never came with a diagram and made worse, by being supplied with different wire colours, so a bit of work involved finding the wiring permitation to match the colours, once achieved it all wires were soldered, spliced and heat shrunk then run in seemlessly to the loom, shame I never pictured as the results were very good (modest)
With this modification, I have retained all the original parts including the original console wiring loom so should be easily reversible

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Interesting mod thanks for sharing.

Looks good but personally I think I'd find all that extra light a bit distracting. We're all different though and always of interest seeing how other owners personalise their cars.

cheers
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts