Mercedes GLC Forum banner

AMG GLC 43 Coupe Earns 3 Stars

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  IzzyAMG 
#1 ·

Kyle Fortune from AutoExpress had a chance to test drive the 2017 AMG GLC 43 Coupe and awarded it three stars out of five.

Even with a premium of around £3,000 over the regular AMG GLC 43, the coupe variant does have its own appeal especially when equipped with a 362bhp 3.0-litre V6 biturbo engine. It may not have as much ponies as what we’re used to seeing in the AMG lineup, but the 43 is a great middle ground before the 63 arrives.

Mated with a nine-speed automatic transmission and four-wheel drive system, the coupe’s 155mph top speed is more than respectable, as is the 0-62mph time of 4.9 seconds. It may not offer the same pop and fizz of a V8 engine, but it can still produce a rousing sound befitting of the AMG badge.

Also included is Mercedes’s Drive Select system and drivers have a choice of Eco, Comfort, Sport and Sport + modes. If he wasn’t driving in either of the Sport modes, the transmission would be constantly shifting between its eighth and ninth ratios. This is where the AMG GLC 43 Coupe lost some points.

The interior is as expected with a Comand infotainment system, comfortable seats and decent cabin space. One problem he did find was the rear window’s narrow slot view that’s further reduced by the large rear support pillars.

What does everyone think of his verdict?

See less See more
#2 ·
But we get a rearview camera...

I rather sacrifice visibility for design these days just for that fact, we have cameras to fill in. Plus when its just the rear end that's hard to see through the rear view mirror, you have alternatives, the camera being one and your side mirrors.

Still, far more reasons for getting it than not.

#3 ·
The only problem the review had with the GLC isn't really a problem. I've driven in coupes with an even smaller rear view and I'm still alive. And as you said, we have rear view camera these days for parking so I think the GLC should have at least gotten a four if not a five star rating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.