Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twin-Turbo V8 that should produce 469hp and 479lb-ft of torque whilst the GLC 63 S should get 503hp and 516lb-ft of torque. This definitely shouldn't be anything short of power. Massive front air dam
s to really feed this beast.

·
Registered
100 Posts

The green bin in the third picture kinda takes away from the GLC63...:surprise:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The green bin in the third picture kinda takes away from the GLC63...:surprise:
Lol you noticed that too right? I thought I was the only one ! That was the only thing holding this back from being my background image ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts

You should write to Mercedes about this bloody bin in the picture. They probably will send you out a nice part/extra for telling them......:laugh:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should write to Mercedes about this bloody bin in the picture. They probably will send you out a nice part/extra for telling them......:laugh:
Either that or a picture of them flipping me off with the caption "Well, come take a better one yourself then." LOL

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think the engine can handle a tune to pump out more than 503hp?
Without a doubt. When they release something with 503hp, the engine is designed to run that 503hp extremely safely. Components can handle it no problem, and the AFR is in a really safe zone. Tuning it to push on that engine a little more and even bump it to 515-518hp shouldn't be an issue at all. Could just be a matter of adding a bit more boost and adding/pulling some timing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I agree and when you look at the numbers, a safe 20% increase in power is another 100HP, enough to easily feel it.
Who knows what the actual threshold is for a safe tune but eventually we should start seeing things come out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shouldn't be long at all once they hit the streets fully. These tuners don't waste any time when it comes to the AMG line-up of cars. Never lol.

Expect a tuner, full exhaust, suspension, and wheels at a minimum.

·
Registered
412 Posts
What will help is the fact Mercedes has a lot of vehicles out there, so a tuner that already provides to other Mercedes segments already has some foundation built up, which speeds up the process here.

But regardless of what comes out and from who I will be waiting for someone to be the guinea pig.

Which tuners will you be looking out for?

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Says in auto express today that GLC63 and GLC63 coupe will be available from September in UK.

·
Registered
182 Posts
A shame that they got a special grill on that car, or should I say that our GLC43 grill is used on diesels in the standard A / C / E class models. I think it is nice, but doesn't really look wild enough for my liking. I'd like a V8, but would find it hard to justify when the V6 is so good.

Heck I was glad the 350d wasn't out when I ordered mine as otherwise I couldn't have justified the GLC43 to myself....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looking at the pics I see they've gone up a size on the fronts to 265/40/21,can't get a clear image to see the rears.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got the carbon fibre centre console on my 43 and love it. Was only a modest cost option, around £300 if I remember correctly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
I've orded it to my comming (July) 350e,
but here in Sweden it's quite "pricy", over 11000 SEK (~1000 GBP)...

Swed

·
Registered
412 Posts
can't get enough of edition one packages
my neighbor has an edition one c-class and although the changes are subtle, you still know its something special, much like the GLC we see here.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The price for the carbon package really isn't bad at all and definitely worth it in my opinion. Some people do prefer a piano black trim instead but I'm a carbon kinda guy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts