Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
When we start ours in the morning, I hear what sounds like a heat shield vibration. I only hear it when I'm outside the car as the wife drives away. It seems to go away when the car is warm. I can't actually hear anything on your video except a beeping? I'll try and capture my rattle on a vid and post it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks @Klass - but the sound I hear is very different. It is a creaking sound you can only hear from inside the cabin - seems like it is coming from the middle of the dashboard. I never thought of recording it (duh) ... will try to do that and post.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It is a creaking sound you can only hear from inside the cabin - seems like it is coming from the middle of the dashboard
I think someone else on here had a similar squeak/rattle and it was the front shock absorber mounts, although it sounds like it's coming from the dash area. I'm fairly sure it got looked after under warranty so it's probably worth a trip to your local MB dealer to get it checked out. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had my creaking sound addressed. They need to re-lube the struts and boots. They left the factory with insufficient grease. Covered under warranty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts