Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,

It's going to be goodbye from me.

My car is going into manufacturing in a few days time... and I again followed up re CarPlay..... which they have told me from the beginning was coming in this years builds.

To cut a long story short, they reached out to Mercedes product manager, and their reply was :-

Apple CarPlay is not listed on the GLC or C-Class. The current hardware used in the stereo is not engineered for Apple CarPlay so we cant promise anything or even a time frame.

It will not be available for the GLC for atleast 12 months and a retro fit is currently not available.

------
So I'll be cancelling my order and getting something else.
Likely the new Audi Q5.

Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I called a car audio place in Costa Mesa, CA and they claim to be able to add CarPlay for a reasonable price. They did asked for my vin to confirm but not sure how legit it is and I'm too scared for them to open up our new car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got a march delivery on the way, and dealer has said car play in included as standard! Inbetter recheck this!

·
Registered
4 Posts
**** everybody.
During the last weekend MB updated the GLC, both coupe and SUV, and Apple Car Play is available at both as an extra option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
**** everybody.
During the last weekend MB updated the GLC, both coupe and SUV, and Apple Car Play is available at both as an extra option.
can you source or more info?

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
No mention of apple car play on the Mercedes configurator.

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Can't see anything!, definitely not on UK configurator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can't see anything!, definitely not on UK configurator.
One explanation could be that the car I ordered is going to be manufactured in June and delivered in July. I believe that gradually the Apple Car Play option will appear, on different countries, for shipments scheduled for Q3 2017 and beyond.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What happened to the day when we just focused on driving and bought a vehicle for its ability to enamour us...I for one could care less about plugging my phone into my cars infotainment system so I can be distracted from the actual purpose of getting behind the wheel of a vehicle.

I see too many people all over the road these days because the phone is more important than the safety of themselves and all others that share the road with them...

If your phone is your life than help save some lives....use public transportation and talk, text, email, Facebook, Twitter and whatever the next new fad is or becomes....haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if android auto will be available soon or if we can retro fit? I've ordered an April 2017 build so am hoping it will be included (am in Australia).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Really have no idea about the Australia models, but if it's the same as cvee72 said about Apple Carplay, we may not see it for at least another 10 months. I could be wrong so it's best to ask your dealership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, according to the dealer where I picked up my GLC, it should be available. However I was not yet able to configure it...(Belgian Dealer)

·
Registered
1 Posts
U.S. getting carplay

I saw this today on US model which includes apple carplay from june
mbworld.org/forums/glc-63-amg/660465-my18-glc43-dealer-guide.html

i won't order anything until it becomes available or will look at alternatives from Audi/Porsche

·
Registered
1 Posts
We should have CarPlay - Join the Petition

Sign the petition to ask MB to offer dealer-installed Carplay updates on pre-17-build GLCs!!

change.org/p/carplay-and-android-auto-retrofitting-on-mercedes-benz-cars?utm_content=petition&utm_medium=email&utm_source=61359&utm_campaign=campaigns_digest&sfmc_tk=O8p0JUCzZTUQbiv42da6wHvA1xO69o1zPh1tWmZ%2fpiUxqJ8BZ0GvGiLKa%2f%2f1U4VC

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now let me confess that I'm a massive Apple fan. I've got lots of their equipment and I like what I have.

I've used CarPlay in two cars this month. One a Ford Fusion in the US and the other a MB B-Class in the UK and I can say they can keep it. I prefer my Command System. CarPlay is better than nothing, but really not worth paying money for at the moment. It needs to improve greatly. I suggestion you try it before parting with your money.

Sorry Apple!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts