Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently got my GLC 220d in UK. I tried accessing Apple car play. I got the right cable to attach in the right slot, and then connect my iPhone 7. It charges, that means it is connected, but I am
Nor connected to Apple car play. Can you help? I don’t get any message on screen. Or on Mercedes me app in the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think so. There is a slot for plugging cable for Apple car play. The soy is working as my phone does get charged but somehow I can’t get Apple car play work. Taking it to a Mercedes service centre in a week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Having a slot for plugging in a cable from your iPhone doesn't necessarily mean that CarPlay is activated. You might find that Mercedes wants some cash off you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apple Car play is included in the Premium package within the UK, so if you've got a Sport or standard AMG ine you'll have the usb port but not the software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Standard AMG line doesn’t include CarPlay. If you’ve got a speedo & tacho dial with a digital display between them within the driver instruments, rather than a full digital display, then it’s AMG line without premium.

all is not lost, it looks like you can enable CarPlay via Mercedes me for £299. There may be cheaper, unofficial connectors available too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much. Looks like mine is not a premium model. Don’t think it is worth spending 299£ to get car play work. I would have used it for music and maps anyways. I can always get music via Bluetooth. Thanks again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I recently got my GLC 220d in UK. I tried accessing Apple car play. I got the right cable to attach in the right slot, and then connect my iPhone 7. It charges, that means it is connected, but I am
Nor connected to Apple car play. Can you help? I don’t get any message on screen. Or on Mercedes me app in the car. Thanks.

Android
20200812_084017.jpg
20200812_083922.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I just got a new GLC 220d AMG line. My old USB cable doesn’t fit. Anyone know what connection cable I should use to connect iPhone X?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 2019 facelift meant a change to usb c ports, so you need a usb c to lightning cable to connect an iPhone X . An example is here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07XYSVFBM/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile?th=1&psc=1

I bought one with a right angle lightning connector as I found the connector made the phone too long for the cubby hole. I’d also recommend going for a short 30cm one if you’re going to put the phone in the front cubby hole otherwise the excess cable interferes with the cup holder

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 2019 facelift meant a change to usb c ports, so you need a usb c to lightning cable to connect an iPhone X . An example is here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07XYSVFBM/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile?th=1&psc=1

I bought one with a right angle lightning connector as I found the connector made the phone too long for the cubby hole. I’d also recommend going for a short 30cm one if you’re going to put the phone in the front cubby hole otherwise the excess cable interferes with the cup holder
That’s great thanks. Very much appreciated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts