Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to post that I've been successful in eventually retrofitting Carplay to my 2017 Prem + AMG Line GLC.

I fitted a unit from Amazon and everything went well in the end.

Took roughly 20 minutes to fit and i'd say anybody could do it. Can work wireless or with the cable.

Not as fully integrated as you'd find the MB version but it's almost perfect IMO.

·
Registered
GLC43 AMG Premium + Obsidian Black
7 Posts
Do you have a quick run through of how you did this? I'd be interested and am thinking of doing something similar.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you so much !! very well done ... If I have 360 camera do i need to do something or it is all in the large connector ? Do it works also Bluetooth ? or it as to be wired connected ..many thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much !! very well done ... If I have 360 camera do i need to do something or it is all in the large connector ? Do it works also Bluetooth ? or it as to be wired connected ..many thanks again
It automatically connects with that large connector which makes it that much better. I just installed it in my vehicle and it's the best decision I've made. Bluetooth also works, but I preferred wired because my phone also charges when plugged in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The amazon UK link is literally in my first post :)
I had just ordered the road top interface unit listed above, but I have been seeing mixed reviews. How do you enjoy it personally? And have you had any issues? I have seen people say it drains there batteries. I’d be nice to get a review from someone who has installed it and been using it for quite some time now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking at a retrofit CarPlay system and it said that after installing the car has to have a software update/reset at Mercedes. Did you have to do this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to post that I've been successful in eventually retrofitting Carplay to my 2017 Prem + AMG Line GLC.

I fitted a unit from Amazon and everything went well in the end.

Took roughly 20 minutes to fit and i'd say anybody could do it. Can work wireless or with the cable.

Not as fully integrated as you'd find the MB version but it's almost perfect IMO.

View attachment 3478

Nice mate! Exactly what I was looking for! Can you find a location in your google maps and then send it to your car? :)
For example, I look up nearest McDonald in my phone and send it to my car so I can watch on the monito from the car instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It automatically connects with that large connector which makes it that much better. I just installed it in my vehicle and it's the best decision I've made. Bluetooth also works, but I preferred wired because my phone also charges when plugged in.
Great feedback!
Quick question, can I access the car menu still? Change sport mode suspension etc? (Anything car related)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts