Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to post that I've been successful in eventually retrofitting Carplay to my 2017 Prem + AMG Line GLC.

I fitted a unit from Amazon and everything went well in the end.

Took roughly 20 minutes to fit and i'd say anybody could do it. Can work wireless or with the cable.

Not as fully integrated as you'd find the MB version but it's almost perfect IMO.

View attachment 3478

I just installed the Road Top on my 2016 GLC300 and there's no sound. I've tried everything and it's not working. I tried Bluetooth, wireless, and wired and none of them work. I can use the interface, enter the menu and see the apple car play on my display but there's NO SOUND. If I exit the menu and use the command by itself there's sound and all the factory features work. Yes, the fiber optic was moved from the original connection to the one provided from Road Top Anyone with the same issue?

The wireless connects and disconnects and so does the Bluetooth. This meaning I tried multiple times to reconfigure it but again its like seen a movie with no sound. Maps works no sound, etc

Screen Shot 2021-05-23 at 7.58.30 PM.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed the Road Top on my 2016 GLC300 and there's no sound. I've tried everything and it's not working. I tried Bluetooth, wireless, and wired and none of them work. I can use the interface, enter the menu and see the apple car play on my display but there's NO SOUND. If I exit the menu and use the command by itself there's sound and all the factory features work. Yes, the fiber optic was moved from the original connection to the one provided from Road Top Anyone with the same issue?

The wireless connects and disconnects and so does the Bluetooth. This meaning I tried multiple times to reconfigure it but again its like seen a movie with no sound. Maps works no sound, etc

View attachment 3579 View attachment 3580 View attachment 3580 View attachment 3582 View attachment 3583
To hear what the Roadtop is doing you have to go into the Mercedes screen and choose the audio input which is usually Aux input. Then go back to Carplay.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts