Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks a ton for sharing this! You seemed to have gotten further down the rabbit hole than I. I purchased the new CLA with MBUX and was not told anything about these features not working when purchasing the vehicle (what a surprise). I thought it must have just been my car. Within the first day I had noticed the missing functionality. Numerous calls to head office and the dealership got me nowhere, with the solution being to bring the vehicle in for an update.

It's incredible the lack of knowledge in general at mercedes dealerships and service centers. No one seemed to know anything about what was going on and put it down to a fault with my vehicle. So in the car went for a system update and afterwards I noticed at least some apps in mercedes me menu working (weather, hotels etc). Still the assistant for anything online giving "no internet connection". The mechanics simply said we don't know but to play around with it and see how you go.

I'm now giving the new mercedes me app 2020 a whirl and impressed so far. Maybe we can put some pressure on MB? Petition?

1. Mercedes never confirmed this and put it down to a fault with my vehicle.
2. Never warned or told about the lack of functionality prior to purchase.
3. Not sure of any legislation preventing this, likely just an excuse. Google assistant can be in the car (android auto) but not the mercedes benz assistant? This is not a legislation issue but more like technical issues.
4. No workaround, looks like the assistant cannot work via phone tethering for some weird reason.
Hi,
If there is petition for the above defect, please count me in. I also have problem to use internet for the MBUX, very much disappointment. Moreover, some features in Mercedes Me I am not able to use.
As user spending 60-100K+ for the car, missing function is unacceptable especially these functions can be use in the other countries.

· Registered
2 Posts
We just picked our GLC 300 up few weeks ago, late 2020 model.

All features work and it has internet access and you can talk to the car.

there is no feature that does not work, except the AUTO function of speed sign adaptation after recognition when in cruise control.
so the car picks up speed signs, but i need to manually accept the new speed, where overseas it can automatically accept new speed.

aside from that, no issues, everything working just fine.

Likely you are missing an addon pack needed for the features you are after. We have nearly every addon pack and everything works fine.

our car also has a sim card for internet
Does that mean, you can use voice command to ask things like weather and news, not only in-car function? My car also has sim card for internet. But it only limits to weather, hotel, restaurant check on the screen, not voice command. But anyway, thanks for the sharing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.