Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to this forum but have regularly used forums for previous cars, BMW X3, Ford Kuga, VW Tiguan RS etc

I'm leasing a GLC 250 4Matic AMG Night Edition 5dr 9G-Tronic. I test drove one, loved it and ordered it through a leasing company for delivery in next few weeks. Apart from selecting it and paying the lease company's admin fee, haven't expended any cash yet.

The car's been registered (June 2019) but reading through the archived forums here, the issue of the steering knuckle/crabbing has been a real eye opener and causing me a degree of anxiety I could do without - that and rapid excessive tyre wear.

So some advice please, is the vehicle model I've ordered subject to this or has it been sorted ?

Also if the Garmin Pilot satnav software needs to be updated by the dealer what is the latest version that should be in my vehicle ?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have similar car, built in Late 2018 and registered April 2019 (not the night edition)
My car was supplied with Pirreli scorpion non run flat tyres....
as I understand any late 2018 car will have the modification / resolve install so that issue shouldn’t be a concern

My believe is the crabbing is most noticeable in the cold temperatures when the summer tyre properties change, as yet I have not experienced the crabbing, however armed with the information from this forum, I shall be best equipped to have dealer resolution under the manufacturers warranty, as such I’m not overly concerned.
In regards to excessive tyre wear, I believe that has been a brand specific comment, however I’ve not enough mileage to assess.
I have priced tyre replacement, I note I have a 245 square set up on 20” wheels and tyres are relatively cheap replacing like for like!
Sadly, I’m not overly concerned as previous BMW ran 315/275 staggered RFTs, without being pompous, I can replace an axle set for less than a single BMW tyre...
Depending what you read will merit different response

Re the Garmin software, I believe you should have 2019 maps unfortunately unsure of version, being used to the BMW idrive the system is less than intuitive but easily managed...

Note- The GLC is scheduled for an update, it may be worth reviewing your deal and ensuring your vehicle is heavily/acceptably discounted....

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have a GLC 220d Urban 4Matic due in two weeks. It is also a June 2019 pre-registered vehicle from a leasing company. I think we have managed to secure a very good rate based on this being one of the stock run-out models.

I've posted earlier about the local service manager saying that any vehicles produced from around Sept last year will have had the fix incorporated. He was knowledgeable about the issue having recently dealt with a customer's car getting the fix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Note : I guess our GLC is not actually a pre-reg as it was registered on 27 June 2019 when we agreed the deal for 31/7/19 delivery. Suspect they had a manufacturer bonus dependent on shifting a certain number of units before month end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks JimC,

This is very re-assuring.

Yes, think there must have been a push on the pre-uplift models. Mine was registered a couple of days after I ordered it too.

Sorry, I hadn't seen the thread you refer to but I'll check it out. Such a lot of information in the forum it takes a long time to work through it all :smile2:

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there! I have a 250d Night edition - little older than yours will be - it's a 2019 registration, but January 2019. Ours came with Good Year Eagle Sport run flat All Season tyres - 255/45R20.

We haven't experienced any crabbing at all in the 7 months we've had it, and my wife parks in a pretty tight "helter skelter" style car park every day, so is often on full lock pretty slow.

I wouldn't worry. We love ours.

Sorry, no idea on the Sat Nav.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new to forum I have a GLC 63 4 Matic AMG I am concerned about the crabbing effect when turning a tight turn also I was disappointed to find there is only 2 years warranty with the car any coments please Regards Eric / Cornwall

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Hi new to forum I have a GLC 63 4 Matic AMG I am concerned about the crabbing effect when turning a tight turn also I was disappointed to find there is only 2 years warranty with the car any coments please Regards Eric / Cornwall
Hi Eric

Welcome to the forum, the crabbing was awful on my 43 and would imagine it is just as bad on the 63, unfortunately MB haven't come up with a fix yet for the 43 and 63, it gets a lot worse in the winter especially when wet.
I assume your car is 12 months old as the UK warranty is 3 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
GLC Crabbing issue - are new cars effected

Hi All,

I am in the process of factory ordering a new GLC 300 AMG premium plus

greatly appreciate if someone from this forum can educate me.
I have raised the crabbing issue with the dealer and he is adamant that all new cars do not have this issue, But they are unable to provide any official announcement or acknowledgement from MB.
is there any official or articles about the new cars are not effected by this issue or to this effect.
OR confirmation from MB to say that the fixed is incorporated to new models of GLC

your comments and replies will be highly helpful,
many thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Read the posts Waj, LOTS of info on subject on here. Would also help if you filled in your location in your profile as answers can be market specific. For example regarding crabbing it has never been an issue on LHD cars.
In short, it has been cured on all models except the 43 and 63.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi All,

I am in the process of factory ordering a new GLC 300 AMG premium plus

greatly appreciate if someone from this forum can educate me.
I have raised the crabbing issue with the dealer and he is adamant that all new cars do not have this issue, But they are unable to provide any official announcement or acknowledgement from MB.
is there any official or articles about the new cars are not effected by this issue or to this effect.
OR confirmation from MB to say that the fixed is incorporated to new models of GLC

your comments and replies will be highly helpful,
many thanks
Hi. I have the 300 AMG Premium Plus, picked it up new in October. Mine does not have the crabbing issue which appears to doh older GLC's It's a great car, a few small things but nothing that detracts from the positives. Don't worry and just look forward to driving it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts