Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first time posting here. I just bought my 2016 GLC300 less than 3 months ago and already have issues. 58k miles so there’s not a ton of wear and tear.

Yesterday I was driving and randomly the battery light came on and said refer to user manual. I thought maybe I had a loose battery cable and didn’t think too much of it. About 5 mins later the car started overheating. I got a message that said coolant too hot pull car over. I drove to the nearest exit and let the car cool down. I popped the hood and noticed the fans were still going after sitting for about 5 mins and the coolant looked like it got so hot it overflowed. Also to note: the command center displayed a message that said “Turn engine on or command center will shut off in 3 mins” even though my car was running and driving down the interstate. Any idea what the issue could be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, first time posting here. I just bought my 2016 GLC300 less than 3 months ago and already have issues. 58k miles so there’s not a ton of wear and tear.

Yesterday I was driving and randomly the battery light came on and said refer to user manual. I thought maybe I had a loose battery cable and didn’t think too much of it. About 5 mins later the car started overheating. I got a message that said coolant too hot pull car over. I drove to the nearest exit and let the car cool down. I popped the hood and noticed the fans were still going after sitting for about 5 mins and the coolant looked like it got so hot it overflowed. Also to note: the command center displayed a message that said “Turn engine on or command center will shut off in 3 mins” even though my car was running and driving down the interstate. Any idea what the issue could be?
Mine has exactly the same problem. Did u fix it? What was the problem?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts