Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife bought a new GLC Coup this last weekend. Yesterday a light on the dash came on. She took it back to the dealership, they said they needed to diagnose it. Today she gets a call saying that they need more time to diagnose it, but it could very well require them pulling the transmission out of the car and putting a new one in. Apparently a pressure sensor is going off inside the transmission, and while there is some chance that it can just be fixed via a software update, the guy that called seemed to think that possibility was slim. He offered to give us our money back now it sounds like, or we can wait for the diagnostic to come back and get our money back then if it indeed indicates the transmission will have to be replaced. Questions:

1. I assume, one way or another, that if the transmission has to be replaced we do not want this car, correct?

2. If it comes back it was just some misread that could be fixed by a software update, does that sound OK to keep the car?

3. Any reason to take money back now rather than just waiting to see what the problem turns out to be, and making up our mind then? He said we could have loaner car in meantime.

Any further thoughts appreciated, thank you so much!

P.S., they have also offered to swap the car out for another one, but they don't have the same color combo she is looking for. The fact that they are almost pushing her to swap out cars or take her money back definitely gives me a bad vibe as far as keeping the current car goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
This is not a good start for your new car ownership. The fact that they haven't diagnosed the problem in a reasonable space of time would have me concerned. Give them an extra day and go from there
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top