Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sort of newbie. Thanks for advice in the other thread. I decided to go ahead and get a GLC. 17 plate, towbar, prem plus, intelligent lights, air suspension, red, 250d. Pick up in a few weeks.

Bye bye Audi - I just need to learn how these indicator things work ;-)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase, that is a blinding spec and in the right colour too :wink2: . I hope you were impressed by the air suspension, ride quality was my overriding consideration when looking to change the car and the Mercedes ABC on 18" rims knocked it out of the park. You'll love the intelligent headlights if you do a lot of travelling after dark and the Burmester sound system punches well above its weight. The subwoofer is actually installed in the front crossmember and uses the extra volume to create a very effective sounding box for improved low frequency response.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Excellent, I moved from Audi as well. I'd have chosen the red as well had it been available just couldn't turn down this 6 week old demo at a good deal.

What "indicator things" ? Unless you mean the intelligent lights which are automatic.

Weird but I get a kick out of watching the towball mechanism working, sad I know! :wink2: One of the reasons for buying mine was the electric towbar only to trade in the caravan for a motorhome less than a year later.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The indicators was a joke reference to the fact that most Audi's don't seem to use them when changing lanes!

The towbar is just for bikes, maybe a small trailer for going to the tip. No intention to caravan.

Turns out a few other things aren't standard, got 360 camera too and running boards. Just spec'd up a new to the same and it was £48k, so pleased to only pay £32k for 14 month old car. But that's a **** of a depreciation for the first owner!

·
Super Moderator
1,154 Posts
The indicators was a joke reference to the fact that most Audi's don't seem to use them when changing lanes!

The towbar is just for bikes, maybe a small trailer for going to the tip. No intention to caravan.

Turns out a few other things aren't standard, got 360 camera too and running boards. Just spec'd up a new to the same and it was £48k, so pleased to only pay £32k for 14 month old car. But that's a **** of a depreciation for the first owner!
You will love it mountain man, great car.

Regarding the depreciation you can get 18% off a new one using carwow, makes it more bearable.

·
Registered
265 Posts

, got 360 camera too and running boards.
HAha not just Audi drivers either.

All round cameras are excellent, you'll love them.

Everything seems bloody expensive to me though. I feel physically sick forking out well over £60k for a motorhome, after discount, especially when it's almost as much as I paid for my house 30 years ago. :surprise:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I feel physically sick forking out well over £60k for a motorhome
Yup, these are the First World problems us lucky few have to shoulder. It just proves you can feel sick and blessed at the same time :laugh:

Reactions: LONS

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on sourcing your new GLC. One mans loss is another mans gain. Sounds like you got a great deal.

·
Registered
412 Posts
sometimes you're able to find certain high ticket items for cheap due to how people tend to use them (or don't). I know car dealers that have been able to find pre-owned Benz's from owners who never drove them much and just wanted it gone, nothing more, didn't care to get top dollar. Motorhomes can be very similar.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yup, these are the First World problems us lucky few have to shoulder. It just proves you can feel sick and blessed at the same time :laugh:
:laugh: This is the beast that made me feel physically sick. Not yet prepped or no plates fitted but will be before I collect on Wednesday.

7.5m long on the typical motorhome Fiat Ducato chassis, 2.3, 130bhp Euro 6 engine. No sports car but fast enough :smile2:

Attachments

Reactions: Toobad

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It arrived finally. Carefully driven home, got 48mpg.
Son (5) loves the red colour, daughter (2) pointed and said Tractor - which is great as she loves tractors and I just made her a red tractor birthday cake last weekend.

Proper drive tomorrow now I've worked out all the controls. My son has already found the SOS button, although not pressed it yet. He also locked me in the boot as part of a boot size measuring excercise. Note - don't leave son keys and show him how the foot swiping close works. He let me out at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts