Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Been crazy with work since I picked her up, but here she is, cleaned but un-detailed as yet. I'm just loving the colour, in the sunshine it casts a range of hues from electric blue to a mid-dark blue/purple. :grin2:

Hope you enjoy them,

Cheers Woody

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
If that colour option had been available at the time I placed my order there would have been a very good chance left-wing Red Ken may have turned out to be right-wing Blue Boris :grin2:

As you've discovered the light level changes the whole appearance of the car, that's what attracted me to the Hyacinth Red. It will transition from magenta through to almost orange depending on the strength of the daylight. That Blackfire Wet Ice Over Fire kit will give you immense flake pop once you've done a paint correction and flattened down some of the orange peel with that new dual action polisher. It is astounding how much improvement you can bring to the paint finish, people still give Red Ken unsolicited compliments when I'm out and about. Really looking forward to seeing the "after" photos. Welcome to the world of Obsessive Compulsive Detailing :D :D :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey woody! Congratulations and thanks for the photos! That is definitely a gorgeous color and very different than the ones I see which are typically black or white or gray. What a great choice!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with Cavansite Blue but love this one as well....beautiful ride....enjoy it

Reactions: woodshedfred

·
Super Moderator
1,144 Posts
Looks really good, enjoy.

Reactions: woodshedfred

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I'm really pleased with it. I was in two minds about the Night Pack when I ordered it, but I think it really makes the car in this colour.

I’m not sure I have the time to flat the clearcoat as originally planned at the moment – work commitments are not going to allow me the time, so I think I’m going to seal and wax it and then correct the orange peel in the summer.

More pics to follow when it’s wearing wet diamond + midnight sun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts