Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who here is also in British Columbia? tell us a bit about your car. i.e. options, colours, etc and if there was anything special that you wanted but couldn't get, or if you had a great dealer experience.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am in the Lower Mainland and have a 2017 GLC300 4MATIC with the following options:

• Selenite Grey
  • Sport Package

• Intelligent Drive Package

• Premium & Premium Plus Package

• Active LED High Performance Lighting System

• Black Leather (not Artico)

• Aluminum/Piano Black Trim

• Burmester Sound System

• 360 Degree Camera
The leather and 360 camera were not on my wish list but the only unit in inventory with all my wish list items also had the leather and 360. A factory order would have been July delivery and I didn't want to wait that long.

It's my first German car and my first Mercedes. So far, I am very happy with it but I don't like that it's so automated. I.e., there is no "off" setting for the headlights. There are times I don't want the headlights to be on. And, when I have the ignition turned on to accessory, I don't want the running lights on. If I did, I'd put the headlight switch to the running light position. Even when the rear wiper is set to off, if the front wipers are on and you put the car in reverse, it turns the rear wiper on anyways. I figured the rear wiper would be on a separate fuse from the front ones so I was going to permanently disable the rear wipers by removing the fuse. When I looked at the fuse diagram, I discovered there is only one fuse for both sets of wipers.

I bought if from Mercedes Boundary in Vancouver and was very happy with the sales and delivery experience. I took it in for an oil and filer replacement a couple of weeks ago (20,000Km is too long to got without a change in my opinion) and was very impressed with the service experience. I was able to watch the mechanic work on my car and I was happy to see that he left the drain plug out for about 30 minutes to make sure as much of the oil as humanly possible drained out. And, he used a torque wrench when he put the plug back in (with a new washer).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Vancouver and have a 2016 GLC 300 4MATIC and it has the following options:

• Cavansite Blue
  • Silk Beige, Leather Upholstery
  • Intelligent Drive Package
  • LED Lighting System
  • Premium One Package
  • Premium 2 package
  • Sport Package
  • Premium Seat Package
  • Climate Comfort Front Seats
  • Head Up Display
  • AIRMATIC Air Suspension
  • 360 degrees Rear View Camera
  • SIRIUS Satellite Radio
  • THERMOTRONIC Automatic Climate Control (3-Zone)
  • 19" AMG 5-Twin-Spoke Alloys
  • BURMESTER Surround Sound System
i think i would not get the sport package again, i am not a fan of the design of the bumpers, i prefer the standard body look more. unless the climate comfort seats get better, i don't think i would get those again either. they work wellish but not as much as i hoped they would. the intelligent drive system, i have mixed feelings on. i wish i could control the speed but then have the car help with the steering. i find that it keeps such a large distance that everyone cuts in and the thing is always hitting on the brakes.

i like the car but i do miss having a V6+. i would like a GLC 550e Plugin Hybrid, that would be my ultimate engine choice; powerful yet fuel efficient. or even the 350e Plugin Hybrid would be nice to have as an option, as of 2018 there is only the 300 and 43 engine choices. i wanted red but i didn't feel like waiting an extra 4 months for the car since, for whatever reason, it would have taken that much extra time; so blue was my 2nd choice but it turned out not to bad looking at all though. i like how much more legroom there is in the back compared to the GLK; same goes for the trunk. i wanted the heated steering wheel but it was only available for the black interior; which i still don't understand why. i wanted the the Off-Road Engineering Package but it wasn't and still isn't available in Canada. you'd think in North America this would be available since trucks are so popular here. i also don't have the Hands-Free-Tailgate as it wasn't an option for me since i ordered very early, although i don't think i would need it anyways.

can't complain about my dealer, Mercedes Benz Vancouver, moved to Terminal Avenue in 2015. i don't really have any complaints with them at all, they seem to know what they are doing and are pleasant to deal with.

and two exterior photos showing off the blue in the sun

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts