Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, being the animal lover that I am, I've been drawn to a few threads with puppy photos, and funny enough I came across this post on AutoGuide about the "Top 10 Dog Friendly Cars and Crossovers" and sure enough, the Mercedes-Benz GLC300 was listed. However, it was listed in the "Dog Stink" section. It mentions that you can get a feature that basically equips the GLC with a built-in fragrance system that keeps your cabin smelling fresh. Does anyone have any information on this ?

“You know that friend’s car that always smells like wet dog?” asks Tokic. “That car hasn’t been cleaned or detailed enough, and that smell sticks to fabric and carpet.”

You can avoid your ride smelling like a mutt with some cars that come with built-in fragrances. The new compact crossover from Mercedes, the GLC 300, can be equipped with such a system that keeps the cabin smelling fresh. Other Mercedes products like the C300 Coupe and S-Class can also come with this feature, but the GLC’s larger size will be more appropriate for dog owners. “If you’re going with a car that has an absorbent interior, you’re going to have to clean it more often to keep it smelling fresh,” explained Tokic.
Full Article Here : Top 10 Dog-Friendly Cars and Crossovers » AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
188 Posts
In the UK it's marketed as 'air balance' and is not to be confused with 'air body control' and it's an optional extra. It's a system which recirculates some of the cabin air and purifies it and then mixes it in with the A/C output. It contains a fragrance and there is even a choice of these fragrances too. I doubt if this could be retro fitted as it will be built into the A/C from the factory I guess ? I asked about it as I thought it may have been some addition to the air suspension, hence why I know ! If I recall it was around £300 as an option.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's actually pretty cool. Thanks for explaining that though, I definitely would have gotten confused if I seen it as "air balance" as well lol. But I like that you have a choice. For £300, I think it's totally worth it

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what I found lol

For its new limited-edition Zeppelin model, Maybach, the ultraluxury division of Mercedes-Benz, offers a special option. In addition to two-tone paint to cosset the eye, fine leather to soothe the touch and lambskin carpets to beguile the feet, there’s a $5,000 perfume atomizer —

·
Registered
39 Posts
A simple 'Magic Tree' would normally be enough...

Steady on you are really pushing the boat out now.
An open window is a cheaper option:wink2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
An open window is a cheaper option:wink2:
you must not drive next to people who smoke!!! haha. i can't stand the smell and it ruins the joys of a convertible. :crying:

Reactions: 2112

·
Registered
188 Posts
You are not wrong, there is nothing worse than getting stuck behind a heavy smoker in the convertible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts