Mercedes GLC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 GLC. Does anyone know if you can switch from the CarPlay navigation to COMAND and back? How do you do it without unplugging your iPhone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
You should have a Mercedes icon on your CarPlay app menu. If you select that you'll come out of CarPlay and will be able to use the built in navigation. To return to CarPlay you'll have to press the Home button on your iPhone. If you have fingerprint recognition enabled it should start CarPlay again.

It means having to open up the armrest and fumbling with the phone but you don't have to take your eyes of the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should have a Mercedes icon on your CarPlay app menu. If you select that you'll come out of CarPlay and will be able to use the built in navigation. To return to CarPlay you'll have to press the Home button on your iPhone. If you have fingerprint recognition enabled it should start CarPlay again.

It means having to open up the armrest and fumbling with the phone but you don't have to take your eyes of the road.
I think I've tried that with little success. I'll test again tonight.

As for opening the armrest, I actually bought an after-market phone mount that I wired through the side of the armrest and hid the wiring through the center console. The mount is made specifically for my model and looks factory - down to the stitching. I'll try to add pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts