Mercedes GLC Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

I am new to the forum... I am getting a GLC43 delivered in about a month. Is this kind of jerking a common problem for the GLC43? I am getting a bit worried... Do you all suffer with this problem? I am thinking about dialing the dealer. Thanks for the replies! ;)

Cheers!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hello guys,

I am new to the forum... I am getting a GLC43 delivered in about a month. Is this kind of jerking a common problem for the GLC43? I am getting a bit worried... Do you all suffer with this problem? I am thinking about dialing the dealer. Thanks for the replies! ;)

Cheers!
i think that would really depend on how bad the jerking is and under what conditions its happening. I'm sure if you describe it in those terms some insight from other owners will come out from that. But if you think something is wrong, visit your local dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why do we have to put up with this [email protected]? I wish more people would reject their faulty vehicles under Lemon Law or Consumer Rights Act here in the U.K. Perhaps then manufacturers would release better products.

Yes, I’m a disgruntled GLC350 victim with a vibrating transmission. And yes, I’ve rejected it.

Having experienced MB service once (with this car), I’ll not be doing so again. They are useless. 😡

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just found this.
Anyone recently had software update to transmission ?
This thread is located at:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=611832&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Has anyone else that has had the "transmission software" recall performed noticed that in Economy mode the transmission will not shift into 8th and 9th gear? If I start the car, put it in Economy mode, this will happen. However, if I start the car and keep it in Comfort mode, then drive around, it will shift into 8th and 9th gear. It seems to be that if I switch from Comfort to Economy after the transmission has shifted into the higher gears, then I don't see this problem.

I've taken it back to dealer and they kept the car for 3 weeks trying to figure out what the problem is. They told me that it seems to be a software issue and have sent all sorts of data to MB and are waiting for them to issue a repair. The service adviser said they haven't seen this issue before because people usually don't drive in Economy mode..

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
This 9 speed box is not very smooth "period". It is just about OK and not a patch on the previous 4 cars I had, all of which had a dual-clutch type GB.

I have a 350D and spend an equal amount of time in a 250D and both have the same issues with jerky and noticable gear changes.

In addition, the Sport & Sport+ engine maps are useless, the make the car so jerky its uncomfortable, they were fine in my GLA45 though.

I do still like my 350D, it gets a move-on easily but it could and should be a bit better.

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
I find the gearbox brilliant after the 9 speed gearbox in my discovery sport, no problem in sport or sport+.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My "personel" belief is that the AMG cars get the gearboxes sorted by AMG and somehow the AMG magic makes them smoother, they also get the engine maps to work properly too.

I have driven the GLC43 and it is fine, with "usefull" engine maps too.

If only I could afford a GLC63:frown2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, so i asked MB melbourne to fix this sports + jerking issue, and i also hard uncomfortable gear shifts in comfort mode. (I could feel pretty much every single gear change in comfort mode and less in eco mode). Anyway, they said they could not reproduce the jerking when they tested it. So then after they serviced it, they let me try, and funny enough it jerked, so they finally admited that it was not normal. I notified them of that bullitin mentioned earlier in this thread, but they said it did not exist in the Australian system. Anyway, i’ll have to bring her back in to do some airsuspension strut recall and they’ll retest it. On another note, they have also denied updating my transmission software. But now my car shifts so smoothly through the gears i cant feel the gear changes anymore. Feels as if i am drive in eco mode, the car is upshifting really quickly with the revs really low, and now the power in comfort mode has disappeared. I guess i prefer it this way as the hard cranky upshifts i felt before was so horrible. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I had my car in the shop for a day as a check engine light came on, and the GLC 43 went into "limp mode". Terrible name by mercedes for the vehicle self protection, but long story short, I had the same herky jerky as reported by many on this thread. Sport+ was unusable. The check engine light ended up being for a faulty pedal sensor reading which error code was P213800. "The values from the position sensors of the accelerator pedal are implausible relative to each other" They disconnected, cleaned the connections, put it back and now I have a new love for my vehicle. put it in sport+ and it was outstanding. no more jerkiness from start driving from 0-10MPH.

Def recommend others have this checked out regardless of check engine light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my GLC43 AMG - 2017. I have taken it to the dealer and they can't figure it out either. They tried updating the software, but that hasn't worked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my brand new 2019 GLC63. I had the shop foreman drive it and he says that this is a known issue and that the car is made for fast driving and that in slow street driving especially after full stop the car does jerk. Has to do something with the torque converter lock up. A total mess. I have a 2019 C63s too but that car is a dream and drives beautifully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up our 2018 GLC43 and I noticed the exact same thing in sport +. I had slowed down to go over a speed bump and the revs were quite high, I slowly applied pressure to the throttle and then it literally felt as if I was in a violent rocking chair as I went over the speed bump. Had to upshift fast to get it to stop.

Unbelievable that this can happen to a car of this caliber. I can only imagine how embarrassing it would be if you were driving with friends and showing the car off and then have that happen... Going to warn my dad to be careful in sport + at low speeds.

Really do love the car though. Picks up beautifully when you press the pedal and burble from the exhaust around 4,500 rpm when you release the gas is awesome.

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
Andre, I had a GLC43 for 2 years and never encountered the problem, it is a fault with your car that is not applicable to all 43's. Hopefully the dealer will be able to sort it for you.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts