Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member looking for help.

Does anyone know where to purchase, part number, availability for the cargo net that can be mounted behind the B or C pillars.

The manual shows how to install the net but I can't find it anywhere on the web and the dealer has no idea.

Thank You.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Orange
Did yours not come with it as standard? It should be under the boot board with the 1st aid kit and hi-vis jackets etc.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would've expected it already installed. But that's a good idea, I wouldn't have thought to check there.

·
Registered
412 Posts
best way to confirm that is to see for yourself at the dealer looking at other models on the floor and even those being prepped for delivery. in that same visit you might be able to get the net, just make sure your sales guy is present.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You for the help.

I looked under the rear cover, no net. I also checked others when at the dealer, same, no net.
The manual shows that it is, as noted, under the cover but when I spoke to the dealer they said it is a general manual and the barrier net is not available in the US market.
I also contacted MB and was told the same thing, not available for the US market.

Doesn't make sense to me. My vehicle is equipped with the mounting points behind the B and C pillars so why not available in all markets?

Oh well, I'll periodically check with MB in hopes that I can purchase this accessory.

Thanks again

·
Registered
25 Posts
Orange
The cargo net has elastic straps that go around the floor base, it's an awful design, there are no anchor points. the anchor points are for the net that separates the boot from the passenger space.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Orange
The cargo net has elastic straps that go around the floor base, it's an awful design, there are no anchor points. the anchor points are for the net that separates the boot from the passenger space.
The one I'm looking for is the barrier net between the "boot" and the passenger space.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Orange
Over here it's classed as a dog guard, if you were over here you could have mine, I don't have dogs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's exactly why I wanted the barrier net, for our dog.

I checked out the Mercedes-UK web site and there are a lot more options available compared to the US to include a diesel and 6cyl. Engine option.
I did see the barrier net listed as a no cost standard item.

Best

·
Registered
71 Posts
i have a net that was under the trunk area. dont know if that is the one you are talking about as it is unopened.

its classified as a "luggage net" and has the part # A 253 860 09 00

don't know if it will help though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I believe part number 253 860 09 00 is for the "luggage net, floor"
Although this would hold our pet I doubt he would be happy. :laugh:

I don't want the one shown in the picture.
If someone has the barrier net part number can you please post.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the one I'm looking for. A little hard to see but look in back of the rear head rests and the headliner.

Mercedes calls it "Dividing net for luggage compartment partitioning and occupant protection"

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts