Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am building my new GLC and nearly finished to submit my new order. I need your help chosing the following options:

1) Burmester Suround System: It costs about 900EURO, that is around $1000. The questions is it worth it? I heard the standard speaker, dont know how many speakers are installed in it, and the quality of the was acceptable for an amateur sound guy like me.

2) Blind spot assistance. I am a relatively good driver, no childern on board, i am a male :) do i need that option?

3) smartphone integration system. When will it be available on the GLC? This includes the CarPlay feature.

Thanks in advance for your advice. I have spent almost my budget chosing different options and was wondering if it worths to push myself to buy those above.

Thanks in advance!!!

Christos

·
Registered
170 Posts
I really can't tell you what to buy as that's ultimately up to you.
How long do you intend to keep the GLC? Do you think you will miss these features later on down the road?

As for the smartphone integration system, are you talking about the mbrace app or are you wondering if you can connect your smartphone to the infotainment system? The infotainment system is smartphone compatible and here's an article that goes in depth a bit more: 2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Smartphone Features

·
Registered
225 Posts
The blind spot monitoring is less to prevent you from hitting something, and more to warn you of people or other things that may move behind the vehicle. Moving objects instead of stationary. It is more useful for people who drive in the city more i'd say.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blind spot monitoring is also helpful on the interstate...it's fairly common for people to not see a vehicle that is 3/4 the way behind them in the next lane and then attempt to change into that lane already occupied by said vehicle. Happens to me ALL THE TIME on the motorcycle...people are either too lazy to either look properly and/or do not have their mirrors adjusted correctly.
Side mirrors should be adjusted so that they only show what's directly behind you if you lean way over towards the window. When you are in the normal driving position they should show what is beside and slightly behind you. But I digress. I think BSA is a good feature...active BSA is a little overkill.

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's what I notice a lot on the highway even when you merge say from the left lane to middle lane and someone else from the right lane does the same thing, in that case you'll have a better chance of being in a clear and avoiding an accident.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think I'm a good driver, but I'm OK with any safe guards because who knows, and I don't trust everyone else.

·
Registered
71 Posts
loebermotors thinks we'll see Carplay in Mercedes vehicles in the 2017 model year but I don't know if the current connect car systems without it are upgrade-able. Hyundai Sonata is the one exception but I'm not sure if Mercedes is willing to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the moment, the optional feature "Smartphone Integration System" is available for the following models:

A-class
B-class
CLA
CLS
GLA
GLE
GLS

·
Registered
225 Posts
At the moment, the optional feature "Smartphone Integration System" is available for the following models:

A-class
B-class
CLA
CLS
GLA
GLE
GLS
I think that it should be available in all models by the 2017 model year, so sometime next year.

While CarPlay has slowly been making its way into select vehicles over the course of the past year, it looks as though we’ll have to wait until the 2017 model year to see it introduced in Mercedes-Benz models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts