Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may only be an issue in Australia, but the sat nav upgrade with the command system does not include road speed limit info. The standard Garmin unit does and I have been told the command sat nav in Europe has it. Anyone else come across this?

·
Registered
71 Posts
it is like that in Canada, no speed signs or "traffic sign assist"

i don't know about Australia, but in Canada it is because all of our Provinces have different standard signs, and there are many different variants. so the system would need to be programmed with 13 different jurisdictions signs. where-as in Europe they are all standardised across the board. if your states are like Canadian Provinces, then my guess is that would be why.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mercedesthebest. traffic sign assist is also not operating in Australia. There is some variation of signs around the country, but speed signs are uniform - at least on the east coast. The additional issue though is the data that displays on the sat nav. The command sat nav has no information about the speed limit on the road you are travelling on. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MB Australia have told me that whilst there is some consideration being given to adding this to future vehicles there is no plan to retrofit it because it is too difficult to do???? So upgrading the sat nav mapping system with the road speed limits is too difficult!! Not sure what that means for updating or adding any other data to their command sat nav. Not happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts