Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a scare today when I noticed that my command screen on my 2019 GCL 300 went black. When I put the car in reverse, it worked fine, but when I started driving, the navigation screen, the radio screen and the media screen was black. After I got home a few minutes later, I turned my SUV off and on again couple of times, and each time it was black. The only time the screen came on was when I pressed the 360 degree FOV or put the car in reverse. That told me that the screen worked, just something else wasn't working. I went online to see if anyone else has a similar problem. On MBworld, I found a thread on it. Someone mentioned that the volume button also acts as a power button. I went back out to the SUV, powered it on and tried that. Again it did not work. For a moment there I thought I might have to take my new Benz in to have it service. I then took a closer look at the layout of the console near the armrest, and saw there was a power button. I pressed it, and it worked. Command screen came back to life. Up until now, I did not notice there was a power button there. That same power button turn the command screen off and effectively turn off the entire command console, navigation, radio and media off. This also reminded me of a thread that someone posted awhile back asking if there was a way to turn off the radio. I believed more than one person replied was to hit the mute button and that worked similar to turning off the radio. At the time, I thought that was a silly design by Mercedes. Now that I know there IS a power button, whether it be an actual power button or a power button built into the volume knob, I'm the one now who feels silly. As to how I managed to turn off my command screen without knowing it, it was because I put a small bag of items I bought from Lowes and one of the items was just enough to hit the power button and turned it off.

Stargazer.
Clear sky

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow....thank you so much. Exactly the same problem. Thought it may be a power save feature as the car had been parked up for a while. Put it on charge over night. Grumpy OH when we still has the no screen. Now realise that we must have accidentally powered off when we cleaned the interior prior to parking the car up....phew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow THANK you so much. Cleaned my car last night and today the screen was black and driving me nuts. Who knew that the push to mute Volume on the console would be the power button. Embarrassing once you see the power symbol on it though.
Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a scare today when I noticed that my command screen on my 2019 GCL 300 went black. When I put the car in reverse, it worked fine, but when I started driving, the navigation screen, the radio screen and the media screen was black. After I got home a few minutes later, I turned my SUV off and on again couple of times, and each time it was black. The only time the screen came on was when I pressed the 360 degree FOV or put the car in reverse. That told me that the screen worked, just something else wasn't working. I went online to see if anyone else has a similar problem. On MBworld, I found a thread on it. Someone mentioned that the volume button also acts as a power button. I went back out to the SUV, powered it on and tried that. Again it did not work. For a moment there I thought I might have to take my new Benz in to have it service. I then took a closer look at the layout of the console near the armrest, and saw there was a power button. I pressed it, and it worked. Command screen came back to life. Up until now, I did not notice there was a power button there. That same power button turn the command screen off and effectively turn off the entire command console, navigation, radio and media off. This also reminded me of a thread that someone posted awhile back asking if there was a way to turn off the radio. I believed more than one person replied was to hit the mute button and that worked similar to turning off the radio. At the time, I thought that was a silly design by Mercedes. Now that I know there IS a power button, whether it be an actual power button or a power button built into the volume knob, I'm the one now who feels silly. As to how I managed to turn off my command screen without knowing it, it was because I put a small bag of items I bought from Lowes and one of the items was just enough to hit the power button and turned it off.

Stargazer.
Clear sky
I’m having the same issue and I’ve tried tapping and holding down power button and nothing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts