Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anyone with the problem of the coolant light coming on and the radiator fan running very noisily, but the engine temp gauge running as normal.

·
Registered
287 Posts
There could be a cooling fan control circuit problem perhaps. I would take it to the dealer and get them to scan it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Klass. It has been to the dealer and they cannot find any problem. They cleaned some connections and that put the light out at that time. Now two weeks later the light still comes on occasionally but goes off again after a couple of mins.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's really weird.. surprised they didn't tell you that it's "normal" as Mercedes usually does lol. I would keep calling and letting them know though just so they have a record of how many complaints

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I didn't make any appointment, but i'm calling with the dealer at crack of dawn tomorrow morning to have this bloody thing sorted....:mad:...:mad:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Definitely. Never know if that intermittent issue or whatever it is could stem other problems that'll start affecting performance or reliability.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There could be a cooling fan control circuit problem perhaps. I would take it to the dealer and get them to scan it.

Hey Klass, you hit the nail on the head they discovered after three hours the cooling fan control circuit was faulty due to a break in the wire system. It appears that it's very difficult to repair because of location. They gave me a loan of a new GLE 250amg for the night. Nice car but I couldn't see the 40k euro difference from my GLC. :confused:

·
Registered
287 Posts
It typically is hard to see that difference as astounding as that is haha, but sweet at least they figured it out. I remember they had those issues with the C-classes... if I'm remembering correctly that is haha.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I had eight 'C' classes of different spec many years ago before I deserted to BMW in 2008 and not one of them had a problem....:wink2:...anyway I have my coolant problem sorted and i'm back in love with my lovely Black GLC Exclusive.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yup, so I remembered incorrectly then haha! But glad to hear everything is all good and you're issue free :) Keep racking up those miles and smiles :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts