Mercedes GLC Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Here's my E220 dashcam as fitted by Halfords last year. The angle kinda distorts the sizes - from the driver's side the mirror hides all but the bottom part of the dashcam. I also have a rear cam - a pretty cheap add-on.

Attachments

Thanks gents, always good to get real life pictures
I’m going to walk around a couple of shops and get a hands on
Im type the hates clutter, definately OCD, with the smallest things I find shall trouble me.
I feel I miss the point of dash cams when I’m so pernickety with the routing of cable power supply etc, however I shall get there..

Jim, yours does look very neat

From the driver's point of view the camera is pretty well hidden. The front passenger has a good view of it though! :) This is the second E Class I've had done and I'm not sure they are favourite cars for the Halfords guys. The power source is the fusebox in the boot so there is a lot of cable to run. Is the GLC the same? I used Halfords on Wellington Road.

I bit the bullet today and bought 3 full kits. Nextbase 522GW + rear window mount camera + hard wire kit. One set is for my daughters' car so if I'm lucky I might get the money back for that one. Come to think of it I might fit that first and use her Fiesta as guinee pig. :wink2:

I'm not concerned about the GLC but my wifes' Mini clubman will be a bitch when it comes to the rear camers as the split doors pose a problem - should be fun.

As an aside, Nextbase are currently running a promo through retailers for the 522GW at £119 and the modules at half price if bought with a dash cam, can't get much better on line so I called in to Curries to handle the cameras and try to negotiate a price as I was buying multiples but was told politely to sling my hook in contrast to Halfords next door who were delighted to do a deal.

From the driver's point of view the camera is pretty well hidden. The front passenger has a good view of it though! :) This is the second E Class I've had done and I'm not sure they are favourite cars for the Halfords guys. The power source is the fusebox in the boot so there is a lot of cable to run. Is the GLC the same? I used Halfords on Wellington Road.
That’s the problem I encountered hence installed the camera in the wife’s Audi where the mirror shroud is very small and camera can be tucked behind the mirror out of sight from both Driver and passenger (almost) whilst positioned in the Glc, the camera was “just there” blocking view
The Power supply in the Audi was piggybacked off the Power outlet sockets allbeit there is the option to take power from the fuse board and wire however I didn’t have the Audi connectors...

The power supply for the GLC, is in the side dash trim, this is the easiest option taking supply from fuse 216 glovebox light (5A),
however
It should (correctly) be taken from the fuse box in the boot, fuse 445 or 447 power outlet sockets (15A)
Full credit to Halfords for maintaining integrity & correctness.

Halfords, Wellington Road, is just down the road,
I was in there looking, noting the new Nextbases have integral mounts on the face plate, making the footprint smaller....

I bit the bullet today and bought 3 full kits. Nextbase 522GW + rear window mount camera + hard wire kit. One set is for my daughters' car so if I'm lucky I might get the money back for that one. Come to think of it I might fit that first and use her Fiesta as guinee pig. :wink2:

I'm not concerned about the GLC but my wifes' Mini clubman will be a bitch when it comes to the rear camers as the split doors pose a problem - should be fun.

As an aside, Nextbase are currently running a promo through retailers for the 522GW at £119 and the modules at half price if bought with a dash cam, can't get much better on line so I called in to Curries to handle the cameras and try to negotiate a price as I was buying multiples but was told politely to sling my hook in contrast to Halfords next door who were delighted to do a deal.
Wow! Three full kits
I’d be asking for a buy 3for2 type deal

Wow! Three full kits
I’d be asking for a buy 3for2 type deal
Didn't quite get that :laugh:

The 522GW is heavily discounted and rear camera is half price but I got the hardwire kits FOC ( priced at £20 each in the stores ).

Halfords, Wellington Road, is just down the road,
I was in there looking, noting the new Nextbases have integral mounts on the face plate, making the footprint smaller....
Fitting in the E took less than an hour (£30) and there is a cafe next door.

Mercedes have added new accessories for earlier GLC family- namely front and rear dash cams.
wire pack, adhesive pack and micro SD card pack. Complete system excluding install with 32Gb MB card is close to AU$1200. SD card is expensive at $101 for 32Gb card.
Front A2139055310
rear. A2139055510
wire A2138209303
Does anyone have Data, specs on these units ?
Any copies of tech bulletins or install guidance ?
Any additional info how it works, wifi, Bluetooth, ?
Thanks

Mercedes have added new accessories for earlier GLC family- namely front and rear dash cams.
wire pack, adhesive pack and micro SD card pack. Complete system excluding install with 32Gb MB card is close to AU$1200. SD card is expensive at $101 for 32Gb card.
Front A2139055310
rear. A2139055510
wire A2138209303
Does anyone have Data, specs on these units ?
Any copies of tech bulletins or install guidance ?
Any additional info how it works, wifi, Bluetooth, ?
Thanks
I fitted a Garmin 55, front only, also acts as a speed camera warning, was approx £100 + sd card, good clear video's, very easy installation with hidden hard wiring fro fuse box mounted on end of dash

Update. Re MB dash cam.
Data seems to indicate.
  • 1080p
  • audio
  • supercapacitor
  • GPS
  • WiFi module
  • Smartphone app control
App called Mercedes-Benz Dashcam.
This seems to control most functions including downloads.
No idea if software has ability to hover over areas and magnify like Thinkware or Blackvue.
Site in Germany, Mercteil, has them listed with FedEx delivery.

https://mercteil.com/products/40?mai...it=12&offset=0

Aust price front camera only is RRP $831, can get it for $756 from MB Dealer with discount.
German site price is Euro 362, incl delivery that approx converts to AU $608, so about $150 cheaper from them, unknown is customs or final currency conversion depending on PayPal or bank data.

https://translate.google.com.au/tran...m/&prev=search

Cameras now in Oz data base, no stock in Oz or Singapore hub comes from Germany, allow about 4 weeks delivery to Dealer.

Cheers

Hi, similar question.... I've just bought a Nextbase dashcam (front only) and want to hard-wire it. Has anyone done this, or had it done? Interested to know where the cable was routed and where power was taken from. Thanks.
Hi what year is your GLC ? I did mine on a 2016 and got pic of the wiring from the front fuse box

Nextbase 522GW. Easy to use and good quality video. The adhesive mount allows the camera to be positioned high in the window so out of the passengers line of sight. The suction mount is larger and the camera mounts lower on the screen.

Only thing with the adhesive mount is the adhesive pad is grey and is quite prominent when you look at the windscreen from outside the car. Shame they didn't make it black instead. Other than that, really pleased with the setup.
Hi did you hard wire it in ? And what year is your car mine is 2020 and can’t find a switched live in front drivers side fuse box

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.