Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up this morning to a completely dead battery. I bought the car new, it was delivered 1/31/18. The dealer was insinuating that my wife killed the battery by leaving the ignition in the on position which seems impossible to me since the wife shuts it off by using the start stop button and we found the car with mirrors folded and doors locked indicating she locked it last night. Merc showed up at the house with a new battery and asked to have the car brought in to re set everything (whatever that means).Then they told my wife that they were going to do a diagnostic search and they will get to the truth again looking at my wife with an accusing expression. After some investigating the service advisor explained that there is a drain on the battery that shouldn't be there and they need time to diagnose the issue. They gave the wife a loaner and said they would call. Apparently the drain on the battery goes back to before delivery because when the salesman tried to start the car while it was on the showroom floor it also was completely dead at that time and was immediately put on a battery charger. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so please provide the solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya

I had the same problem on my GLC 220 it actually failed 7 times The reason went from leaving the ignition on- to catching the stop button as I exited the vehicle or leaving the door open etc. In the end I rejected the car and got a new one. I sincerely hope yours is a one off because the after care was horrendous.

·
Super Moderator
1,140 Posts
Not good enough, hope it gets sorted.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I binned my new GLC 250D Coupe AMG Line Premium Plus after 10 months due to the front wheel crabbing con which MB denied until eventually they agreed there is an issue and offered free all weather tyres to owners as opposed to rectifying what's essentially a design fault on right hand drive GLC's. What a cop out, I guess your 43 came with all weather tyres fitted to disguise the crabbing. To sell a car which has experienced battery issues in the show room shows you what you're up against with MB. I'm now enjoying my new Audi SQ5 without crabbing and I can use any tyres I wish without being limited to a certain model, happy days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dead Battery after 2 months

I binned my new GLC 250D Coupe AMG Line Premium Plus after 10 months due to the front wheel crabbing con which MB denied until eventually they agreed there is an issue and offered free all weather tyres to owners as opposed to rectifying what's essentially a design fault on right hand drive GLC's. What a cop out, I guess your 43 came with all weather tyres fitted to disguise the crabbing. To sell a car which has experienced battery issues in the show room shows you what you're up against with MB. I'm now enjoying my new Audi SQ5 without crabbing and I can use any tyres I wish without being limited to a certain model, happy days.
Ok, The bride picked up the car yesterday, (I'm not home, in FL visiting Mom), and Marc told her that they had to completely reprogram the entire system and she has to return the car in 10 days so have Merc can test it to make sure the parasitic drain was corrected. It seems to me that they should be able to test for a drain on the battery without waiting 10 days which indicates to me that they are guessing at what caused the battery to go dead twice, once sitting on the showroom floor and again in my driveway. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Can these cars be returned due to defects?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have all season tires but thought the crabbing issue was only an issue with right hand cars. Concerning the dead battery, The wife picked up the car early this week, the dealer's fix was to reprogram the entire system and was advised to return the car in 10 days to see if the parasitic battery drain was repaired. Seems to me that there should be no need to wait 10 days, can't they simply put a test meter on the car to see if a drain on the battery is still there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hiya

I had the same problem on my GLC 220 it actually failed 7 times The reason went from leaving the ignition on- to catching the stop button as I exited the vehicle or leaving the door open etc. In the end I rejected the car and got a new one. I sincerely hope yours is a one off because the after care was horrendous.
You mention that you rejected the car, is there a policy that permits a new car owner the right to return the car, is this the Lemon law you refer to or does Mercedes allow disgruntled buyers to return cars if not satisfied?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just back from a week away to find the battery dead on my GLC. Seems a common issue. Has anyone actually had a conclusive answer to this battery drain issue? The car was parked about 30 feet away from the key so I did wonder if that could be an issue with the car keeping some systems on as a result of the signal proximity?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has any one seen this problem recently?
Had the same drain on a GLC250 and diagnostics show high current drain over night and ignition left on. I have tried to leave the ignition on and exit and lock the car but cannot find a way to actually achieve it so can only assume it is a system fault!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts