Mercedes GLC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is aimed only at UK owners who drive a 2015 - 2018 diesel-engined GLC and have had Recall Notice SRPC1838 requiring them to have the emission defeat software removed. It transpires the two joint-lead legal teams who mounted a UK class action against the VW Group (inc. Audi, Seat and Skoda) have now set their sights on Mercedes.

I received recall notice SRPC1838 early last year and Red Ken duly had the "software upgrade" in the April. It was immediately noticeable that my reported m.p.g. had dropped by 10% and he was now squirting in AdBlue at the rate of a flushing toilet! The legal argument is that the emissions defeat device was installed to falsify the NOx levels to both attain EU approval and impress potential customers and that the removal has brought about both increased running costs and a devaluation in the worth of the vehicle and thus compensation is due.

I think everybody knows that if a bandwagon is leaving ol' Toobad will be the first to jump aboard and bag the seat next to the driver. It will inevitably be a very very long ride but there are still plenty of seats available and an action will only be mounted if there is sufficient uptake and a claim is deemed economically viable. In the first instance you should register your interest with one of the law firms linked below:

Slater + Gordon

Leigh Day

Be aware both these firms are what I would call "Ambulance Chasers", well-known for operating on a No Win - No Fee basis, so if you register with one of them you will no doubt be spammed with other services from them and their affiliated partners. Only you can decide if it is worth the hassle. I've always been in the Don't Ask, Don't Get camp. Here's the SRPC1838 recall notice that underpins your claim:

Will you accept or decline the invitation to join a class action? Feel free to add any comments or observations to the discussion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've seen quite a few sponsored ads on Facebook regarding this exact issue! A lot of negative comments with 3 of the aforementioned companies only promising 50% of the compensation awarded minus tax and other fees meaning you get next to nothing whilst the law firms rake it in.

When we bought our GLC, it really wasn't based on its figures, but more so its kerb appeal.

It's ultimately something for nothing, much like the VW scandal, unsure if we can be bothered for the hassle....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts